Background Image

[Lore] This one goes out to all the fans... (Please comment)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Katzu_HSM, Dec 28, 2017.

1. You know him. You see him every time you log in.

CampaignImage_SM_BA.jpg

But what do you really know about Captain...

What?!? He doesn't have a name?!? Most bloody visible Astartes in the whole art gallery and we don't even know who the drek he is?!?

Community, I need your help. Nathan and I are wanting to distance ourselves from the stringent approvals required to use the Faction Leads and want to instead base the stories we tell in the campaigns around 4 Liaisons per Faction. People we can mold, risk, grow... and I want this guy to be one of them. Now yes I could just make up names and call it good, but I want to give YOU - the community - a chance to tell me some things about him and the direction you'd like to see him go, such as:

* What's his name?
    * Which Company do you think he commands?
    * All Astartes have a fatal, character-marring Flaw. What do you think his is?
    * What kinds of missions does he look like he'd be involved with assigning/launching?
    * How close is he to the Black Rage?

I'm gonna leave this open for a few days and gather info from people who give us great ideas. If response is high enough I'll even see about getting the Devs to shake loose some swag.​
  2. Captain Mon last name Keigh
  3. Kev Torahn Confessor

Yeah Bloody Bob, seems great. ^ ^

I'm not a BA fan, so I dunno much about their background (I'm much more of a lion guy), but I'll think about it and give it a try. It's a nice idea and initiative.
  4. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

His name is Lars. He looks like a Lars.
    Jimmy_Neutron likes this.
  5. LOBOTRONUS LOBOTRONUS Arch-Cardinal

Captain Carl ???? :p
  6. For missing Blood Angels Captain:

Captain Thaddeus Graal "The Scarred Angel of the second moon"
    Blood Angels warrior, born of Baal Secundus.
    Blood Angels ground forces detachment commander on Arkhona (A captain in 4th company... black kneepad, red blood drop?). He works in conjunction with Mephiston to ensure all Blood Angels forces are deployed where needed across Arkhona.
    Thaddeus is clad in artificer armor w/ iron halo, he wields a modified scoped Baal pattern bolt pistol and master crafted chain sword.

As for the black rage, I'd like to think that with Mephiston around to council the good captain, he will of course at times fight with the curse, but eventually overcome it and continue to be a relatively stable and reliable captain.

As a relatively new commander he worries that he will give orders that place his brother's lives at unnecessary risk on Arkhona and would be overcome with grief at their lose.
    Katzu_HSM, Jimmy_Neutron and Rheeva like this.
  7. Ivik McDinkleStein Jimmy_Neutron Steam Early Access

He is Captain (Tightass) Titus, Reborn in his holy menstrual armour.
  8. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Could everyone limit themselves to serious suggestions, please? I, too, have a joke I wanted to make since the thread came up but this simply isn't the place to do so.
    You have a chance to establish a character here, not just in EC lore but WH40K canon.
    Personally, I couldn't care less about some short-lived human but I'm sure some of you could come up with an interesting concept. Right now all you do is sending a message that this kind of interaction isn't really appreciated by the community.

Even if you don't want to undertake the effort of creating a character, maybe you have lore-enthusiastic friends outside the circles of EC who would be interested.
  9. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

Faux latin name with a "k" ?! :D:D:D:D

In all honesty if BoatyMcBoatface has teached us anything it should be that the internet and liquid democracy are not the best way to filter serious ideas or naming processes.

I personally would suggest to go with a strong but simple first name. I would not go for a "hidden" meaning in the name afterall the character development and the small introduction you should give to each liaison should set him up and not "brad bloodpowerfist the fister with bloody power" or "xXxShadowdeathknightxXx" like we usually see in warcraft.
  10. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

Not THAT Lars.

Full name Larseus Piscatorem
    Jimmy_Neutron likes this.