Background Image

[Lore Team] Story/Campaign status report: 1/8/18

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Katzu_HSM, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Our current plan is to replace the Faction Leads with 3-4 Faction Liaisons per faction; original characters created by the Community, fleshed out by us, and approved by GW. They won't be 'Codex' NPCs that you'd find in a TT product, but in doing it that way we open up the ability to really develop these characters, have them face moral choices, and even risk their very lives. More importantly, because they are not Canon NPCs in GW's part of the Lore, they can't suddenly be moved, or their horrible flesh-rotting disease cured, or an Eldar God appear out of their head and unite Eldar and Dark Eldar, or.... point is we can be much more narratively focused and consistent with them, and ideally that will build investment in what happens to them, to the Faction, and to Arkhona as a whole.

As for how we want to integrate Player Faction Leaders (sounds a lot like "Warlords"...), that's gonna be part of my "201" pitch, to use the college terminology. Right now we're in the 101-102 area. If we're just talking IDEAS at this point, I'd say towards the end of a Warzone (campaign 'season') we reach out to each faction and offer them a decision to make with no concept of how that decision will unfold beyond that point. It then falls to the Faction/Faction Command to pick one option, and that will shape stories that occur from that point on. That's just an 'off the top of my head' idea, though, and not very well fleshed out beyond giving you an idea of one of the things that's been kicked around.

I wish we could do in-game titles, even, but we were just talking about people and what they name themselves.

We have the Writer's Guidelines ready to go to Nathan, but I want to also hand him the completed Setting Bible as well so when both are approved we'll have a full packet to hand to people who want to write Missions for submission. My goal once we have a small reserve built up is to use 1-2 submitted stories per Warzone to space out the main story beats we're writing.
    KroozaNob likes this.