Background Image

Lord General Militant Quest (rp) Voting And Tuning Edition.

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Grigdusher, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

what we do for now:
    -we create the main protagonist and his retinue.
    -you create the characters.
    -we tuning the (simpliest possibile) combat sistem.

when is all ready the real game start now we write down the "zero" turn.

what this rp is about:
    -A creation of a huge imperal army, fighting impossibile battle.
    -A lore friendly combat sistem.
    -Creating a story starting from "nothing" to a glorius army.

what is accepted:
    -all the homebrew fluff friedly.
    -You cannot use character or army in existence in fluff: you must create your character and army. (but you can inspire yourself from other existent army and sub faction for example "my regiment have uniform similar the death korp of krieg but have red trenchcoat etc etc) (my spacemarine are white scar successor etc etc)
    -Free expression; you can narrate all the epic and powerfull you want NO limit, obviusly when you loose you loose, BUT you can make it epic, and for example without loosing a single space marine only wounded. Obviusly no ridiculus thing or out of fluff (a single guardsman killed a titan with a rock NO). (a single guardsman crippled a titan with a melta gun YES).

The setting:

The main protagonist is fresh nominated Lord general militant, But this is not fair promotion: the LGM, have almost no resource, no support, no hope. Someone in the high lord of terra want to eliminate the LGM by disonhoring his previus glorius carrer!
    Lucly the LGM still have a lot of friends in the imperium!
    YOU are one of this friends! Help the LGM to protecting the imperium and find who made this little "joke" to your old friend.

Creating your character:
    -you must create your character,
    -their retinue (command squad),
    -His flagship ( the bigger size ship available for example a battleship or a battle barge for a space marine )
    -his army and the varius background.
    -trait: you have some general trait that make you better at what you can do, you can add more, but you can't remove weakness (only mitigate it)

You have many option here:

-Imperial guard general
    choose your imperial guard regiment.
    (you can be an imperial navy admial, an imperial guard mechanized troop general, an imperial guard armored general)
    trait:

-we are the hammer: you troop role is to fight face to face the enemy, so they are expendable with low cost and easly repleacable, you can obtain a vast number of armoured veichles in the campaign.
    -tactical genius: you are a expert general.
    -weak fighter, in the battle you arent a great warrior: luckly you can have a strong combat squad.

-You MUST also create an admiral: if you don't want you loose the fleet part of your force. (because other character have also the control over the navy but the imperial army general don't have).
    -You can create/adding in your command squad:
    -commisar
    -engiseer techpriest
    -psyker primaris
    -bodyguards
    -vox caster
    -priest
    -medic

- Lord Colonel-commisar
    choose your imperial guard regiment.

trait:
    -we are the hammer: you troop role is to fight face to face the enemy, so they are expendable with low cost and easly repleacable, you can obtain a vast number of armoured veichles in the campaign.
    -Fear me.. but follow me!: you men will follow all your order.
    -weak fighter, in the battle you arent a great warrior: luckly you can have a strong combat squad.

-You MUST also create an admiral: if you don't want you loose the fleet part of your force. (because other character have also the control over the navy but the imperial army general don't have).
    -commisar-cadet
    -engiseer techpriest
    -psyker primaris
    -bodyguards
    -vox caster
    -priest
    -medic

-Adepta sororita canoness
    SQUATTED (for now)

-Space marine chapter master
    creater your chapter
    trait:
    -god of war: you are a formidable warrior, you alone can destroy hordes of enemy.
    -angels of death: your army is the smallest, but have complete indipendence, and can manage to accomplish the greatest mission.
    -the emperor finest. your army have huge bonus in the battle, but every man count: is almost impossibile replacing the loss.
    One warrior usually suffices: never suffer the outnumber penality this is the best bonus available in combat.

-honor guard.
    -chapter champion.
    -standard beared

-Adepus mechanicus magos
    create your skiitarii army.
    trait:
    -Collegia titanica: you can field the walking god of the AM, but first you need the resource
    -cult mechanicus: you can obtain better equiment faster and a minor price than other player.
    the quest of knoledge: your first mission is to obtain new knoledge, and if lucky find new STC
    weak fighter, in the battle you arent a great warrior: luckly you can have a strong combat squad.
    -servitor
    -techpriest
    -Praetorian

-rogue trader
    create your mercenary army
    trait:
    profit above all: you helping your friend but you need your share of profit.
    everyone have a price: you can obtain what you want, it's only a question of how much it will cost you.
    weak fighter, in the battle you arent a great warrior: luckly you can have a strong combat squad.
    -You can create/adding in your retinue squad:
    -whatever you like (almost)

-Lord inquisitor
    create your inquisitorial stroomtrooper army.
    -choose your order: based on your order you can add in your army deathwatch or adepta sororitas or grey knight.
    trait:
    -strong retinue: your retinue can create a real menace for the enemy troop.
    -inquisitorial rosette: requisitioning wathever you want. you can assign to other player wath you requisite base on the player role.

-You can create/adding in your retinue squad:
    -acolytes
    -ministorium priest
    -crusaders
    -jokaero
    -psyker
    -daemonhost
    -mystics
    -arcoflagellants
    -death cult assasin
    -stormtrooper

Main protagonist:

fixed thing:
    -the main protagonis is a Lord General Militant, is leading a big force of imperial guard with few resource and untrained (at the start). he have many enemies inside the imperium administratum, but also many friend. the main mission is ganing military power and prestige, and cultivate sufficent support ally in all the imperium organization.

- the main protagonist is the "rally point" for the player.
    -The main protagonist have a complete secondary characters support staff (so player don't are forced to have a role you are free too create what you want):
    -a trhusted lord admiral
    -an adeptus mechanicus magos
    -a lord inquisitor
    -a cardinal of the ecclesiarchy
    - an Adeptus Astra Telepathica rappresentative.
    -a commissariat rappresentative.
    -a navis nobilites rappresentative.

things to decide:
    -backstory
    -main protagonist name.
    -main protagonist imperial guard regiment theme.
    -eventual name role of other imperial rappresentative (not needed).
  2. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

OOC: inspired by other RP's here?

Lord General Militant: Harald Eisenpanzer (literally: Irontank rather being though Ironarmor)

He got promoted to LGM after a chaos invasion, defending the capital as a major back then he with his elite regiment of the planet held them back at all costs. Many fell, but the Chaos forces were denied to conquer their goal, the Capital itself. The troops held long enough out to tire the enemies out and wait for reinforcements from a distanced city that just had repelled an attack. With the main Armor division Eisenpanzer together with his few dozen men left surrounded the enemy main body and killed the chaos lord in a one on one duel. Afterwards the Governor was lifted of his position and executed as he had a pact with the Chaos Lord what was revealed during the defense, just before the Chaos Lord himself died.

Eisenpanzer for his duties and purity was promoted to LGM afterwards.

The Main Protagonist (our character) is a Lord Admiral which was sent for orbital defense and taking over the fleet in the sub-sector where our LGM-friend is ruling. His name: Jorhan Stahl (Stahl = Steel ; name = stolen from Killzone)

Stahl is known for his supreme fleet tactics and is well aware that sacrifices have to be done for a victory. The greatest victory of Stahl was when he sacrificed 3 Frigates just to fake a retreat from Tau forces, they lured in, thinking falsely that they were in upper hand. But just when the 3 Frigates were destroyed the main fleet body engaged the Tau fleet from behind. His Overlord Class ship at the tip, together with 2 Dominator Class Ships and 3 Cruisers they first destroyed the engines of the Tau ships and then obliterated them from behind where the Tau were powerless with their Lance cannons.

The loss of 3 frigates were nothing to the enormous fleet loss of the Tau, as they were never spotted anywhere that system ever again.

We know Eisenpanzer from childhood as we grew up together and then decided both to join the Imperial Army as every young man who loves his homeworld. He though chose the Ground life while Stahl chose the life of space. Starting out as a pilot, then recognized as too smart for such duty he went to officers academy to slowly work his way up to a Lord Admiral. The contact with Eisenpanzer was never broken as they even indirectly fought together back then when he was still in the PDF.

But even after ending up in different sectors, they always wrote messages to eachother, keeping their bond together until now. (both ~40 years old now)
    Grigdusher likes this.
  3. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

ok, you want Harald Eisenpanzer as your character, or as the main character?
    (my idea was there is one "main character "like an npc and the player are the field general who fight with the troop the admiral is like your second character for the space battle).
    ok it's clear is an armored division of the imperial guard.
    and i imagine the overlord, is the flagship, you can keep it.
    soon i add also the combat rule and the point for the starting army (the idea is starting with little no resource and ending with deploing houdred of baneblade).
  4. KnightReborned WanderingJester Well-Known Member

So, can I create another character (commander) with his own army, but add myself in as an assistant to that commander instead of being a commander myself?
  5. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

exacly, but you are almost indipendent in battle, you control your troop.
    the main character is here for keep togheter the player and make the plot advance. (and provvide the mass of cannon fooder trooper).
    for example you can create your chapter master, with his chapter, and fight in the battle of the main character.

if a player disappear it's like only the player troop retreat.
    the main character will born by the choose of all the player.
  6. KnightReborned WanderingJester Well-Known Member

No, I mean I want to create two characters. One of them will be a new commander, and one of them would be my alternate self, serving under that new commander. I think the main character has already been created so I just wanted add my own style to this story :D.
  7. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

yes you can, they are your retinue/command squad member, like cain and jurgen or creed and keel
  8. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

Main Char = Jorhan Stahl!

Eisenpanzer is the LMG who needs our help! ^^
  9. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

ohhhhh I see... well then consider Stahl as the second char for admiral-ness and you guys make a separate field commander who is the main-main char .... Main-Char = admiral would had been cool xD
  10. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

ok perfect, if you want also create your general for the ground force or you can create an aereonatical force with Elysian Drop Troops leaded only by the lord admiral.