Background Image

Loosen Up Matchmaking

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Doomness1000, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Covi Doomness1000 Recruit

So, I have been around long enough to know that even being outnumbered by 2 people in this game seems to rig the match. However with the current player cap I can't help but feel that the impossibility of getting into a game is keeping even more people from playing than our "force even teams" is helping.
    Over the last couple of months I've had an itch to get back into Eternal Crusade, but when you load it up again for the first time in months only to sit at a loading screen for 20 minutes to catch the tail end of a game because someone crashed and opened a seat is really disheartening. Its even more disheartening to sit for 20 minutes, get loaded into a fresh game, only to have your game crash, and by the time you get back in your seat's been taken so you'll just have to wait and hope you get a seat in the next game.
    Its gotten to the point that if I load it up and see 2 teams of 15 or 20 fighting, I just log back out because I know I won't get into a game tonight.

So, just a thought, if we could have the matchmaking not lock games at "well there are even players now so no one new added" and then if there's an uneven amount of players provide some team-balancing buff or something, it would at least let us play the friggin' game without having to wait for it like an Eskimo waits for the sun.

Maybe this is an unpopular thought. Maybe I'll get shot down because we have enough balance issues. But I've played 3 games in the last 2 months. I can't help but feel that the inability to actually get to play the game might be one cause of people not playing.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.