Background Image

Loadouts & Upgrades

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aconti, Dec 7, 2014.

1. I like the "value display" bars, but to be entirely honest, I wouldn't mind a readout of the exact stats and how they would change/compare with other options.

I'd like to think of the "bars system" is sort of a quick reference guide, while numerical readouts would be more for fine-tuning. If anyone here has played Blacklight Retribution, you're probably familiar with the numerical readouts I'm talking about. It may not be necessary for a lot of people, but I think there are plenty of folks who'd appreciate the precise readout when working up a build.
    NicolasBrunoni likes this.
  2. Aconti Aconti Scribe

You have yourself a deal Umel Et'ion :)
    MadDog likes this.
  3. Rasczak Rasczak Subordinate

Looks interesting. Main concerns I have though:

1: I would vastly prefer exact numbers over stat bars. Stat bars are imprecise and often cannot be used to accurately assess a weapon. In many games a bar's value isn't even consistent, which is annoying.

2: A large number of small upgrades can quickly transform into massive vertical progression with an equally massive grind. Be careful.
  4. To avoid that, the devs only have to make 'Reward Boxes' less RNG-ish, and give us the ability to buy the mod we want.
    NicolasBrunoni likes this.
  5. Joram Joram Well-Known Member

Don't quote me on this but I remember hearing something about getting tokens by acomplishing campaign objectives and being able to buy weapons with those tokens...

BTW looking forward to see @MichaelChan on stream giving a progression update... maybe the 19th?
  6. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

Yup. I can back you on that. There's been a couple of references made to tokens but it was talked about in a Twitch. On the road atm. Can't look.
    Yep. That's why Michael is looking into weight/capacity/size limits as a foil for loadouts on top of point cost I guess. The idea being if you upgrade all your mods on the Plasma Pistol to max then you either can't fit all the mods on (weapon limit) or you have to reduce your weight elsewhere in the loadout (total limit).

MC:I've recently been looking at the MechWarrior series. Looking at how they use weight and size limitations to make not only the stats of the mech matter, but also the potential for upgrading

I like it, that was back in July I talked to him so it needs an update. There is *some* vertical progression but not a lot. It forces the player to make decisions, e.g if your weapon has a max capacity of 20 and you have 2x 10 'capacity point' mods then you suffer in 2/4 mod slots obviously.
    NicolasBrunoni and Aconti like this.
  7. Nicolas Brunoni NicolasBrunoni Lead UI/UX Designer

Thanks for all the feedback guys, it is really appreciated that you take some of your time to give us your impressions : )
    Ideas_McGee likes this.