Background Image

Loadout sets for fast loadout optimization

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrotherDamnatus, Sep 7, 2017.

1. I barely find myself exchanging loadouts, even though I think optimizing your loadout to fit the situation is totally worth it. Still, in the end I don't like to spend my time on the exchange mechanism because it's kinda clunky if you want to change more than one loadout. Mostly I just use it for my elite/veteran loadout.

This brought me to the idea of loadout sets: instead of having to change every single loadout to fit the current situation, you can define a loadout set in advance, so you just have to pick the set. I think this would be something really nice on top of the current loadout system (not replacing anything!) that would really give some incentive to make use of more differentiated loadouts.

Going even further, the cherry on top would be if you could declare default loadouts sets: Use set as default for attack/defend against faction X.

What do you guys think? What do you devs think? @Oveur @NoahWard
  2. I'd make heavy use of this, and much like you I've become lazy about switching out loadouts for every game. So long as I have appropriate AV options, a standard rifleman and a medic I should be fine.

Being able to swap out "3CP" for "Fortress Siege" or "Remove Sparkles" on the fly would be great. Less time spent mucking about on the deploy screen finding that one obscure loadout, more time spent fighting for the APC deploy rights and marking a point.
  3. Forgrim Forj Battle-Skald

I'd love to have Loadout sets, great idea.
  4. At one point this was supposed to be a thing but who knows what happened to the concept.

It would be great if we could make and save a loadout set with the loadouts we want, to include which elite we want per set, then the ability to NAME our specific saved sets. I.e. "Pegasus 1" or "Fortress defending", etc. Then pre match we would have the options to:

1. Go with our current line up(that we just had loaded the previous match)
    2. We can chose which loadouts we want "ala cart"
    3. We can choose a saved set(Pegasus 1, Fortress Defending, Blackbolt attacking)

In the mean time at least let us organize our loadout list. There's no method to the madness with the current list of loadouts! That loadout list doesn't go by alphabetical order, by class, nothing, nada! The current loadout list is a total freaking mess.

Please let us organize our loadout list! That would at least make selecting what loadouts we want per match a whole hell of a lot easier and less time consuming.