Background Image

Lets talk some melee, again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rheeva, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Krayt Krayt Preacher

its not a bug in any way , its the latency between his computer and yours , on his screen he evaded just before the hit but since it takes time to reach your computer on yours you stunned him but he seems to evade out of the stun
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Are you talking about the usual rolling out of Debashes (the between staggers-one, not the bugged after-stun)
    Because I can assure you: Orks have no problems with that.
    Too vividly I remember fighting an Ork whose only tactic was to get caught in debashes, roll around the opponent and try to get a hit in in the back.
    I am talking several dozen times in a few duels here.
  3. Umm. I think so. On my CSM and LSM assaults I can get my fast attack parried and still roll away before the kick comes. I can't seem to do it on my Ork Slugga though. I don't know if it's a different timing thing it what the deal is. Maybe the parry recovery for Orks is longer than the others which prevents you from evading the kick.
  4. Yet this only happens with JPA and Raptors (and possibly Stormboys but the examples of which are too few so I haven't experienced any).

So lets look at this from a scientific angle. If it is lag that's causing it, why doesn't happen vs any other class - excluding Devastator types because their bunny hop evade is terrible in comparison to anything else on the market.

I'll draw a line under the entire Eldar faction as a whole separately because you'd think it'd be happening with them more than any other faction or class because of their lightning fast speed and agility but it doesn't.

Now this only happens with JPA and Raptor evades - potentially Stormboys but the examples are so rare I've yet to encounter any. If it was lag it'd be happening with every class with comparative evade speeds.

Also it doesn't happen every time with every JPA or Raptor I encounter, just sometimes so I'm thinking the times it does happen its because I may just be up against a particularly good opponent whose fast enough to know when and how to react to effectively try and escape the instant the stun wears off.

So this is either a case of "git gud" and accept the fact that if your going to try squeeze in a strong attack while their stunned it won't land every time because they'll know to escape it and to guage weather your up against this type of opponent before you try and get that larger risk larger pay off strong attack in.

Or there is a bug that's been overlooked. I don't see how it can be lag if its only effecting such a small element of the game where it could be affecting a much wider sweeping area of classes. If I had examples of this happening with Stormboys it'd make the picture clearer as to weather or not it was a bug or if it's a skill issue but the fact that it isn't and it also isn't happening with any other factions classes shows that it cant be lag.
  5. Popoolo ruititadiogo Steam Early Access

So what we do to counter the stun roll because i'm in an animation doing a kik that stuns and he his already rolling to my back doing a fast attack.

For example what is the right way to do the rock scissor paper now or is that over and its only right timing lag luck?

Because i used to now what to do in melee and how i lost now i feel dazed the ways melee go most of times i win because the fast attack passes his melee d-bash, or my fast attack kills before his fast attack hits me.

M.
  6. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Spam heavy is almost an autowin everytime
  7. That's terrible advice lol. Sneaking up behind and 1-shotting with an axe is how to melee. :D
  8. pinky EternalPink First Blood!

roll yourself and break the stun animation