Background Image

Let's remember all nerfs (For all who cry - Eldar OP)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Konok0, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

Eldar = EZ

Eldar had some very OP shit but then did everyone - Eldar right now aren't really suffering from anything the other races don't also suffer from to some degree (melee is for shitters, you spam to win ez) but they've got some stronk advantages within their ideal ranges for each class esp. when buffed, main issue is that they have to get the drop on someone to win unless the non-eldar unit has stormtrooper accuracy Ala Njord.

Game's pretty much dead though, so just enjoy the time you have left with it before the doors close because making another ELDAR OP/UP thread won't change anything, I doubt we'll see another balance patch before this game dies.
    Corie likes this.
  2. Commanda Ivik Jimmy_Neutron Steam Early Access

Eldar are a really mixed bag, I'd say that there DA class, from experience is probably the least rewarding, hardest and least fun class to play in the entire of EC. At this point I'd rather let banshee be a cap class before we sit down and really fix the Avenger. On the other hand, the fire dragon is still by far the most effective and easiest AV class in game and it's because of it's indirect benefits when they all play into each other. Eldar foot movement speed, Eldar vehicle manoeuvrability, dual melta bombs with <100% vehicle health damage output. These things working in tandem make for an easier AV experience that the other factions cant achieve without planning and team work. As for the rest of the classes I'd say they do fairly well besides some strength balances. Eldar are supposed to be Glass cannons but in the current Meta it feels as if the glass is too thin and the cannon is too big. They're far to weak to withstand any normal engagement in EC with reason (this drives a lot of the new players off) and those experienced players who can overcome this weakness have access to some fairly above average gear (not OP mind you but a lot of it is pretty powerful).

I wish they'd stop focusing so hard on Asymmetrical balance and trying to make every single damage/health value different across the board and normalise a bit of it just so we don't have these ridiculous powerful differentials where new players on Eldar are being slaughtered and Experienced players are steam rolling.

Part of Space Marines appeal in EC besides their brand is their fairly easy learning curve, you start with 'muh boltur' which undisputed the best infantry weapon in EC and once you unlock armour after 3-5 games. Your Space Marine is essentially done.

I would really love to see the devs pull back a bit on making these factions so widely different and make the game more new player friendly by normalising the classes with the counter-parts. and just leaving small noticeable differences where it counts I.E. Eldar speed benefit but still non tanky armour.

Jesus Christ I heard my voice in that video I want to die.
    Caentyr, Corie, Trashed and 2 others like this.
  3. Caentyr Caentyr Subordinate

but...but...but.... MUH LAWNMOWER!!!
  4. Konoko Konok0 Arch-Cardinal

Roads for vehicles, for pedestrians - map's have their safe area.
    upload_2018-1-6_23-19-1.png
    [​IMG]
  5. I'm going to miss playing SS, still never got mandi-blasters and me zoggin klaw ya GITZ! WAAAGH!!! Ahem...For the Craftworld!

I wonder if they only released LSM and CSM and held off on the Xenos, the Devs could have focused more on fleshing out those two factions. Even then I think LSM would've been favoured by the endless whining, and gotten all the toys.

In the End the chaos Gods got what they wanted, Khorne got his fill of slaughter, Tzeentch laughed with all the lies and deciet, Nurgle sat back and enjoyed the slow death of everything...and Slannesh just jacked off in the corner to some furry shit.
    Jimmy_Neutron likes this.
  6. LucianNostra Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter what you point out or show, whiners will whine regardless about eldar.

You could make eldar carbon copy of marines with half the weapons but different colors and the complaints would be the colors are imbalanced.

It doesn't matter than eldar AV exceeds their rivals at the detriment of practically everything else as is now because what do we see? Eldar av op, let's ignore everything else
  7. Leroy Twizzlers DemonKingBAAL Steam Early Access

8. Konoko Konok0 Arch-Cardinal

As an example
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052131604/stats/375230/achievements/
    upload_2018-1-7_2-21-40.png
    Aislinn, ProteusVM and Rivindesh like this.
  9. Leroy has been banned. ;)
    Jimmy_Neutron likes this.