Background Image

Let's Make Some Noise! Now with MathieuLavoie

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by NoiseMaker, May 27, 2015.

1. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Is Mathieu still with bE @Oveur ? Dont think anyone has seen him around for ages and the status of the audio in the game is very bad.

Btw, another bug. After a few matches some sort of a weird "howling" sound is constantly present in your audio, like the howling of the wind through a big room or some pipes. Its gets progressively louder and louder till it breaks the audio completely, where you cannot hear the voicelines when you press T (well, you can, but they literally start playing 2-3 minutes after you pressed the button). It also breaks allot of other sounds. Only way to fix it is to reset the game.
  2. Spatial awareness for the user in EC is extremely poor because we dont properly hear what's going on around us. Namely footfall sounds from allies and enemies as well as the sound of vehicles approaching.

Surround sound has been an integral part of PVP gaming for well over a decade. In many other video games we can properly hear other players moving around us. This gives the user a more immersive and realistic experience and increases their situational awareness significantly. In EC we simply do not hear other players moving around us. This results in an experience that feels cheap and poorly done.

Normal "walking" and sprinting should always be heard by anyone in close proximity. Only "crouching" while walking should mask or hide our footfall sounds.

The sound issues with vehicles are as bad as the missing footfall sounds. We cannot hear an approaching 30 ton tank or APC until it's running us over. We should hear these vehicles approaching from 50 to 100 yards away at a minimum.

There are several long standing bugs, inappropriate voice overs, mismatched voice overs for the wrong faction(LSM voice overs coming across when playing as CSM).

It's obvious nobody's at the home in the sound booth and game play is unnecessarily suffering as a result.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNe5zyPMC7k&t=309s
    zZeus, Jochon and RustyRake like this.
  3. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

Ohhh no, I sense a new discussion about "Eldar not making enough sound when moving" coming up :/

I don't have any issue hearing other players, especially with "Voice Volume" turned off (I normally have it on because it allows me to Taunt ^^ ).
    There are a lot more noise cluttering the sound of footsteps in EC than in CS:GO and so on, which can make it harder to hear the footsteps, I guess they could turn up the sound of footsteps or turn down the sound of gunfire/machinery (and so on), but I am not certain it would help with the immersion.

Running on dirt, sand and snow doesn't make a lot of sound so I think it is fine there, but maybe they should increase the sound of people running on "metal" and concrete.
    I am not certain if Eldar would make more sound than now, as they are rather light and I think they have "soft" soles on their boots (I don't think they have Wraithbone under their boots).
    I guess this would open a way for the Wargear called "silenced movement" which would decrease the noise you make by moving by X % ^^
  4. Foot noise, that's the first time I ever heard of something like that being complained, I'm amazed.
  5. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

I have seen it mentioned a few times on the forum and I think there is a thread somewhere deep down, but that was from a looooong time ago ^^