Background Image

Let players queue for their preferred difficulty in PVE!

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by 0strum, Nov 22, 2016.

?

Should players be able to queue for their preferred difficulty in PVE?

1. 1. No, keep it as it is, with random people deciding the difficulty.

2. 2. Yes, let players queue for their preferred difficulty in PVE.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

@Oveur @BrentEllison @Vlordak_The_Mighty

The title pretty much says it. Let players queue for their preferred difficulty in PVE please.

Some people prefer it easy, either because they're lazy or because they're inexperienced, or because they've started a new character, bla bla bla... They should not be forced to play PVE in the hard mode, they'll mostly just let the team down.

Some people prefer it hard, they want a challenge, they are skilled players, they've got good gear, bla bla bla... They should not be forced to play PVE in the normal mode, they'll just get bored.

I'm asking for the choice of difficulty to be removed from the start of PVE matches. Instead, I would like to be able to click on the [WORLD MAP] and then [TO WAR] and find two PVE options: [LAIR (PVE/NORMAL)] and [LAIR (PVE/HARD)].

No matter how well you are balancing things, giving the choice of difficulty to a random group member after people have already queued is a frustrating and unpredictable system which I believe needs changing. After all, you let us pick between fortress and skirmish maps for PVP, so why not give us this choice for PVE difficulty?
    ZiM, JojoKasei, Defiance and 4 others like this.
  2. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

Take all my likes, all of them.

On another note, it does divide the playerbase even more. That wouldn't be a problem if we had a healthier amount of players but...yeah.

I'd say do it, what's the worst that could happen compared to me being able to finally que up hard and NOT end up with a bunch of potatoes.

Here's hoping one day there are enough players to always be PVP AND PVE matches.
    0strum likes this.
  3. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

Well, I'm not sure how it is for the other armies, but there seem to be quite a lot of LSM players doing PVE at the moment, so I'm not all that worried about dividing the players by letting them pick their preferred difficulty themselves.
  4. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

maybe also lock harder difficulty for certain characters rank... and a dedicate difficulty for veteran classes?
  5. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

Locking the hard difficulty to rank 3 and above might be OK, it's quick to reach rank 3 and there are a number of important wargear items that can't be unlocked until then...

But veteran classes... ergh... I think veteran classes should be available for all or none at all.
  6. Nefastus Nefastus Active Member

What are the diferences? Does the rewards change?
  7. Ecios Ecios Active Member

Big E sayz diz: IT DOESNT MATTER IF DA REWARDS CHANGE! Is da pleasing ur ego play'n on hard difficulty and whoopin insectz ass knowin datz iz high difficulty insects and fire with high difficulty shots in high difficulty map with high difficulty fukin teammates not a best reward fo ya? Big E guess u musta pass by hard mode!
  8. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

I honestly don't know if there currently is a difference in the XP rewards, but having two separate queues for the difficulties would make different rewards not only an option, but a necessity. I mean, there should be a real incentive for lazy fuckers like me to go town on the bugs in hardmode, 'cause my ego isn't enough ;)
    JojoKasei likes this.
  9. Aislinn Aislinn First Blood!

There IS a difference. And a hefty one.
    Some maps can give a stable 6k on hard mode, while some can yield up to 8k.
  10. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

Come to think of it, I did get something above 8k yesterday, but I wasn't sure if it was due to the difficulty or because I had to heal the brothers so damn often (there was LOTS of rezzing involved).