Background Image

Let Down

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimm, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Aw. Hmm... It might...maybe...possibly... work ... similar to Neverwinter (mmorpg). There's an editor in that game. You can change terrain, make quests, set npc behavior, waypoints and so on and on...
    So... Is it possible to make in EC? I would go with a guess "Yes".
    Is it worth the money, time, people and trouble? No.
    Not at this point at least... Maybe a year or 2 after launch, if devs have a possibility to add an editor to the game.
    Players would be able to add PvE content only (and only through reusing already existing models in game... because if you are going to push something of your own, you'll have to go and talk with GW first). And that content must not affect battle between factions or give any cool / special loot to players, because it would kill the game.

Right now, I there's no room for all that.
  2. Rasczak Rasczak Subordinate

Actually, the idea of player-driven construction for things like forward spawn points and defensive turrets has been brought up a lot in logistics discussions, generally with positive reactions from the community. We haven't gotten any word from the devs on it that I know of though.

Obviously though this would be construction using a fixed asset library like in Project Reality, we wouldn't be outright modding the game.

View: http://youtu.be/vVf1eR_gPmE

Though hopefully with a more predictable deployment system, with a preview that lets you know when you've got a valid placement. :D

The most dangerous thing in PR is a squad leader with his radio out...

3. That one is much simplier then what I thought about though. :D
    I remember there being some discussions about that and I remember devs talking about there being a possibilty of constructing some very basic, destructable defensive cover. That's some cool stuff.
    Ulfgard likes this.
  4. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

In all seriousness though, there's been a ton of Warhammer games and really almost none that were PVP centric. I'm sorry if PVP isn't your thing but there will be more Warhammer games coming out. So rarely do PVPers get a game that caters to them over a PVE aspect. I'm not unsympathetic, I like PVE at times, but the fact that PVP is the core and central focus of EC makes me harder then Chinese algebra.

The store prices aren't too horrible with a few exceptions. All of it's optional and the ONE overpriced item might see a price reduction. Most games don't even allow you to select what's in your pre-order pack, and while that might not mean much to some, it's pretty massive to others.
  5. Correction. All the WoW clones proved that ratio of pve to pvp has little to do with a games success. It is the amount of content and how it is delivered that matters most. Also, having lots of experience with MMOs does not make one a good judge of them necessarily. As you clearly dont with the phrase.
    No. Not anymore. It isnt 2007 anymore.
  6. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

But...those beans come in all sorts of colors and flavors and can actually think for themselves!! These beans bite back!

And you don't really need a subscription. If you don't think it's a good deal the easy thing to do is to NOT do it.

There are many horrid things in this world, but that steaming pile takes the cake. EC so far isn't anything near that level of idiocy. It's been stated in other places then the store that buying the game gets you all the factions. The store says you get 4 character slots but also doesn't say you're limited to only a specific faction. Hell..they even posted a new FAQ
    https://www.eternalcrusade.com/faq

It's not their fault or ours if you didn't read it or ask questions before complaining. I'm not saying you can't still be disappointing with the ratio of PVE/PVP as that's your prerogative.
    Kell and SlaytonTheSly like this.

7. Don't forget the jumppacks!
  8. Daigar Daigar Active Member

I played WoW. Mostly PvE, since I was one of the key members of one of the top raiding guilds on my server and I did have a lot of fun.

However, in this case I've been hoping for a long time for a game that is a 40K-reskinned Planetside, so I'm pretty excited.
    Kudzu and Casavay like this.
  9. Welcome to the Forums Grimm. As others have stated, EC will be a player driven game world centered around PVP. Give it a shot and create your own storyline.

The store prices are a hot topic, like anything new in the gaming world, it might need a bit of balancing.

And sorry for the trolls, most of the rude replies are from some newer members of the community. I'd like to think the vast majority of 40K fans here aren't such jackasses.
  10. Murtag Murtag Cipher

I think some people are becoming a bit short with the people who come on the forum after reading a minimal amount about the game then talking about how everything is wrong with it.