Background Image

Let Down

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimm, Jul 3, 2014.

  1. Grimm Grimm Recruit

    So upon reading how this game will play I am quite disappointed. Sounds like planet side 2 with warhammer skin. No real good PvE content and raiding, solo challenges or story driven quests. In this day and age we should be getting a large amount of content for mmos to contend with the other games out there. Just PvP endlessly will get boring in a few months for me personally. Also once I saw the cash shop prices it put the nail in the coffin. Not at all what I was hoping for when I heard this game was being made.
  2. Culgrim Culgrim Arkhona Vanguard

    Yeah it's difficult to say what is going to happen with this game, or what we will see from them. With 40k being about eternal war and all that entails it allows for a large breadth of content so long as they are willing to branch out.
  3. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

    youll never convince the PvP'ers that more PvE is a good idea,

    EC was always proposed as a primarily PvP experience, Devs have put the ratio at 85% PvP to 15% PvE,

    The PvE 40K experience story-driven themepark game was DMO and well, thats died before release and yes its a shame,

    the best you can hope for is that titles like 40K EC and SH revive the 40K franchise enough that another more classical themepark MMORPG will emerge in the future
  4. Well, the idea is the game is about player's driving the war-effort. So yes, PvP is approx. 85% of the game and PvE the remaining 15%.

    If the devs are able to deliver on the massive amount of content they are offering, then this game will probably be one of the best representations of 40k in video games to date. Planetside 2 with THQ's Space Marine's combat system including 4 factions and more weapons is probably the simplest way to describe it, though doesn't really do it justice.

    As for the prices in the Rogue Trader, yeah, they need sorting...

    I'd encourage you to return to the game from time to time and see how it develops :)
  5. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

    the game is not a themepark.
  6. Xicor Xicor Ordinate

    i find pve to be a total waste of development time. also, story driven pve is literally just that, a waste of dev time. it takes much much more time to create pve content than it does to clear the pve content, so you end up in an endless cycle of clear content-> grind-> clear content->grind..
  7. Im sorry WoW baby.
    Abenobashi, Kell, WarSon and 3 others like this.
  8. Xicor Xicor Ordinate

    clearly, lol

    but if he liked wow pve, he wouldnt be here, right?
  9. Grimm Grimm Recruit

    Sorry pud I was dominating in GodWars muds before you were probably even using the internet and Ive had my fair share of mmos besides wow. I cant help wow dominates the market and sets the standard for what mmos strive for...cant be at the king without a lot of haters. Now that you've been addressed, If I am paying monthly for a game I want the full course meal not just a section. plenty of games offer plenty of pvp and pve content and you either offer it or you slowly die by the wayside, or slowly limp along with a small player base.
  10. Xicor Xicor Ordinate

    wow didnt set the standard for what mmos strive for... wow set a standard for what casuals look for... theres a difference. the problem is that casuals outnumber the good players 10-1, so guess what, games who want to make it big generally cater to the 10 rather than the 1.

    games dont need pve and pvp in order to survive, they only need to have one that is absolutely amazing to keep your mind off the other.

    and last but not least, the game is buy to play, not subscription

Share This Page