Background Image

Legion Of The Damned

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Corphy, Nov 23, 2013.

?

Should Legion of The Damned be included?

1. No

37.2%
  2. Yes--i dont care how

11.6%
  3. yes--they should be in the chapter vote

10.7%
  4. yes--they should be included some other way

40.5%
  1. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

Well, a lot of the mystery surrounding them is gone as they know where the Legion comes from and what happened to make them into what they are. Used to be the Fire Hawks Chapter that got lost in the warp, picked up some kinda warp plague that eventually makes you go insane as you deteriorate, but not before it makes you ungodly powerful. Lost over 800 Brothers to the warp accident so only 200ish left after, and dwindling.

If you're going to die, might as well take as many of the bastards with you!

They really shouldn't be in game unless BI has some kind of super massive event and it's a one time thing they show up for a little fluff or something...but even then it's not really needed.

2. Not to mention that The Chapter's Due seemingly had the spirit of an Ultramarine who fought in the Horus Heresy among its ranks. It was never fully stated they were the Legion by name, but strongly hinted in that book.
  3. XRuinX XRuinX Preacher

this is what i didnt want. not only did they have a great mysterious shroud around them, but it was hinted that they were the souls of past astartes who would arrive in times of need. a chapter of crazies isnt much special, theres loads of crazy in 40k. way less cool imo
  4. I would love to see this legion as playable they are my favorite right next to the black Templars. Walking around burning everything you touch..... FOR THE BLOOD GOD KHORNE!
  5. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

Yea, quickest way to ruin a good mystery or story point is to explain it. Wished this one had remained unknown.
    Killbo Fraggins and XRuinX like this.
  6. XRuinX XRuinX Preacher

even though its not necessarily him:
    [​IMG]
  7. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

[​IMG]

Keep your heresy to yourself.

Attached Files:

8. Wyzilla Wyzilla Well-Known Member

It's even questionable if they're dying. Recent fluff has them as invincible stable ghosts.

Really, I'm surprised the HLoT haven't conspired to try to have it repeated, considering they effectively ended up with daemons of the God Emperor.
  9. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

Maybe Matt Ward will get them to try it again with Psykers and we'll have Legion of the Grey Damned Knights that will waltz into the eye of terror on the backs of Ultramarines and kill a Chaos god.

Fun right?
    XRuinX likes this.
  10. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

*COUGH*kaldor draigo*COUGH*
    Killbo Fraggins likes this.