Background Image

Legion Of The Damned

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Corphy, Nov 23, 2013.

?

Should Legion of The Damned be included?

1. No

37.2%
  2. Yes--i dont care how

11.6%
  3. yes--they should be in the chapter vote

10.7%
  4. yes--they should be included some other way

40.5%
  1. Armaros the Subjugator Armaros Forum Beta Tester

Are you sure on those numbers?
  2. Probably not.
  3. Armyghy Armyghy Subordinate

Read the Legion of the Damned by Rob Sanders. A Blood Crusade was stopped in it's tracks after killing an entire company of Excoriators (save for 1 character). The Excoriators did a fine job defending the cemetary world from the blood crusade, but like I said, they were almost killed to the last man. The Legion intervened and obliterated what was left (still countless chaos worshippers) with zero casualties on their end.
    Zmalamuth and Kilrane like this.
  4. Droguza Droguza Active Member

They are very powerful, yes. I dunno if they are borderline mythical or not... in an MMO's case however, it may be easier to leave them out. Remember that ghost army in the Lord of the Rings movie? like that. Imagine if all the garbage people say about Chuck Norris was real? yes they are that.

Power Level: Chuck Norris
    Zmalamuth likes this.
  5. Ishagu New Member

Definitely not playable - they are Uber powerful, near mythical spectres. As a special event it could work!
  6. Armyghy Armyghy Subordinate

This is pretty much exactly what they are. Legion of the Damned are basically the ghost army from Lord Of The Rings. Lore wise, they steamroll everyone.
  7. XRuinX XRuinX Preacher

I love the mystery about them. Theyve got the same magical mystic that the Emperor himself has. No one's even sure if theyre human or spirits.
  8. They can recruit, it was in the LoTD short story bundle BL released a few months ago. They can also 'die', but evidently just get respawned when Centurius uses his skull artifact on anyone.
  9. Perhaps they can just put them in the game and treat them like the rest of the chapters just to have them more or less because someone thinks they look freaking awesome and want to play them I know I probably would pick them just off appearances.
  10. XRuinX XRuinX Preacher

quiet! Like i said, myyyyysteryyyyy!