Background Image

Legion Of The Damned

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Corphy, Nov 23, 2013.

?

Should Legion of The Damned be included?

1. No

37.2%
  2. Yes--i dont care how

11.6%
  3. yes--they should be in the chapter vote

10.7%
  4. yes--they should be included some other way

40.5%
  1. Canderous Plasma_Jesus Subordinate

I would rather see the Deathwatch before the Legion of the Damned.
    Kilrane likes this.
  2. Droguza Droguza Active Member

I voted yes, because Lore doesn't matter to me anymore.
  3. Speaking personally I would say yes, as their new spectral selves rather than the old zombies, but not as a playable faction. Perhaps in a similar way to Concord was in EVE Online, as a moderator presence in the game to enforce certain laws as and when needed.
  4. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

While the Legion are awesome, it'd have to be a one trick pony as some kind of story event or something. Anything beyond that and it wouldn't make sense, and it'd have to show up without warning and be gone just as fast.
  5. Masamune Active Member

This legion only goes where they are more direly needed. They are considered myth within the WH 40K lore and that's how they should be treated.
  6. I love the Legion of the Damned, but I voted no. Like what other people said, they are a game changer. Just a few of them stopped an entire Blood Crusade with countless daemons and traitor marines. I love them to death, but I think it might ruin the emersion which is something that the Devs are trying to max on. It will also complicate the lore by including them, having them fight alongside other marines seems a bit silly, considering that the legion is tainted by chaos and physically corrupted. But If they are included, it won't be a big deal gameplay wise.
  7. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

I voted no but with the reason what you have in mind
  8. Khaldam Active Member

They are an NPC facition rather then should be a playble faction. It would be nice to see them ocensianaly.
  9. The LotD are kind of independent good guys. The Ultimate cavalry in the fluff. They just show up, kills some enemies of man, then leave. They don't follow orders, they don't sent gene seed tithes... hell, they don't even speak.
  10. Armyghy Armyghy Subordinate

Maybe as an NPC specialty "summon" for the climax of a particular campaign. An individual Legionnaire is far too strong to play. How strong? 200 of them wiped out over 10,000 Chaos marines, monsters and cultists in the Legion of the Damned book.