Background Image

Legion Of The Damned

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Corphy, Nov 23, 2013.

?

Should Legion of The Damned be included?

1. No

37.2%
  2. Yes--i dont care how

11.6%
  3. yes--they should be in the chapter vote

10.7%
  4. yes--they should be included some other way

40.5%
  1. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? should legion of the damned be in the vote? or included at all? perhaps as an equivilant to harlequins (if they are included)

DISCUSS!
  2. Renasis Active Member

I think they are to special. Maybe as a random event on battlefield but not as playable race
  3. DeFoamBag Active Member

Special event thingy would be best choice,
  4. Armaros the Subjugator Armaros Forum Beta Tester

They could be a tide changer, as they always have been according to Lore.
  5. They could be one of "special" powers SM war council could drop on battlefield, something like for certain amount of requisition points, spawn 50 Legion of the Damned NPC-s, that expire after 30min, and are locked to certain area.
    Similarly for Chaos war council they could deploy smal warband of Khorne berzerkers...
    Thunderfury 2575 likes this.
  6. VeRMiLiON78 VeRMiLiON78 Active Member

I totally agree with idea of random event, not the playable chapter. According to lore, i think this guys should suddenly appear on battlefield and destroy all that's not loyal =)
  7. Domilyus Schlifer Prefectus

Hmm only as hero unit i think, they seem to be close to becoming extinct.
  8. Armaros the Subjugator Armaros Forum Beta Tester

Exactly why the chose to hide in a corner of a galaxy and come out randomly when want to, when no one is looking.
  9. Domilyus Schlifer Prefectus

Maximize the Coolness factor!
  10. Stmichael StMichael Subordinate

How can they be in the chapter vote? The Legion of the Damned are a group of ghostly spirits that show up when the fighting is most dire and turn the tide of the battle. No one has ever made contact with them, they don't even know where they come from, their origins or what causes them to appear.

They're definitely badass, but I think they should be included in the form in which they are represented in the lore. If some kind of force-evening mechanic ends up in the game, it would be awesome if the Space Marine equivalent were the LotD.