Background Image

Legion of the Damned/Flaming Rounds Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Asheru, May 26, 2017.

1. Arteek Arteek First Blood!

Yep exactly, free kills. I agree with all of that except for the "they can be good in a group" part. I think that's just a theoritical situation that doesn't actually happens. I'd take 3 people who know to aim equiped with 3 high dps weapons over 2 high dps + a grav gun any day. I don't need players to be slowed down to shoot them, there's no bunny hopping or rocket jumping in this game. Killing people > slowing people.

If at least it could headshot and didn't have such a crappy damage falloff. It'd still be subpar but i'd have an excuse to use it.
    MacBeth, Avlaen and Slough_Monster like this.
  2. Slough Monster Slough_Monster Arkhona Vanguard

For a group I meant that if you had multiple grav weapons, you could potentially take down a rhino and still deal with infantry. Kind of a sub-par do all weapon. Anyone who thinks that 2 boltguns and 1 grav is better than 3 boltguns is smoking da weeds.
    MacBeth and Arteek like this.
  3. Shweik Recruit

One question - will flaming rounds be available to the regular marines?
  4. Fangz Fangz Confessor

Of course not.
    Even in TT only Sternguard Veterans gain special ammo.
    Grunts only shoot normal bolts.
  5. Plongo Subordinate

Soo no one actually going to bother seeing what would cause more DPS, AP rounds or Flame rounds? or are we just gonna keep screaming without any civil thought or evidence?
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  6. AP rounds are worthless. There was a thread about it by @CabalTrainee with the conclusion being that in certain situations, the AP round would reduce the number of bolter rounds required to kill a target by 1 bolt.
  7. Rabble Rabble Rabble
  8. Ultrarius Ultragoy Drill Abbott

South Park reference?
  9. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

?
  10. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

People like me, who have a clue on how they work, what are they for and how to effectively use them.

Show me how you do that against eldar skimmers.
    I'll wait.

End result is they have won the game and you lose it.
    I don't see anything wrong here.