Background Image

Learn the Tongue of the Sunless World

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Kilrane, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

ugh... the coding for this forum is terrible
  2. Kranon Member

@Djemo-SRB XD that's a hilarious image

@Kilrane So how long can we expect an english-to-Nostraman translator to take?
  3. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

Someone else would have to code that and host that. I have no idea how to do that.
  4. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

Lexicon area added.
  5. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

Doctor, why is the patient dying?

"Vasha si nuray!" he grins through his perfect teeth, holding a bloody chainsword. =D

This project is very cool and detailed. I've no expertise in this area but more detailed fluff for 40k is always a good thing!
    Djemo-SRB likes this.
  6. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

With the finished kinship section that completes this edition! Have fun with it and try out the rules.

Oh, decide on some words that you'd like to be added!
    Bladerunner777 likes this.
  7. Murtag Murtag Cipher

I think I know what "night" or something similar is so I'm curious about that.

Have you guys considered doing some words in the IPA to help with pronunciation?

I think words for battle/violence might be nice. Murder and fighting is a big part of Nostraman culture.
  8. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

Battle
    Violence
    Murder (so tempted to make it mukduk)

Are now on the list!
  9. Murtag Murtag Cipher

One person listed "vor" as death in Nostraman, and that's not terribly dissimilar from some Latin words for wound or cut. I assume murder would possibly use the word for death as a root word, unless the word isn't entirely literal. Like, it could translate as "murder", but the original might be more descriptive.
  10. @Oveur I figured you'd be interested in this since you know all the real languages.