Background Image

Lascannon accuracy issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The-Forge-Dragon, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Has anyone else gotten this recently? You scope in to a distant target with the lascannon, charge up the shot and fire only to have it whizz right over their shoulder or the like. If I scope out I can hit my targets pinpoint again.

I also noticed the crosshair widens when going into scoped mode, but I was unsure if that was related due to scoping not actually increasing accuracy but instead magnifying the view.

Anyway, anyone gotten this recently?

Update: I've confirmed the spread increase on lascannon scoped fire. Others have confirmed it is affecting the zapp cannon and reaper missile launcher too.
    Aislinn, Velamont and Brother_Nemiel like this.
  2. The cross-hair widening might be because your zooming in 6x or more. Maybe its not that the cross-hair is actually widening but your field of view is so close. The recoil may be a bug, or maybe it was intentional to prevent infantry sniping?
  3. Something that really gets on my tits is what feels like a grid of sorts restricting our aim.

Has anyone else noticed this?

When aiming a Bolter you don't really notice it, but when you're using something like the Lascannon, Heavy Bolter when aimed, and the predator main-gun it feels as if the crosshair is locked to a grid.

Example:

I am aiming at a chaos marine standing at location 2.

I try to aim at him, get my crosshair over him and it's almost as if it snaps with a 2mm distance on my screen.

It goes to location 1, to the left of him.
    It goes to location 3, to the right of him.

But no matter how much I try to put the crosshair ON him, it simply moves "one notch over" on the grid.

The only way I could possibly hit him is by me moving my body ingame, or him moving a foot or two to the right.
    Ephaistos, Alb and Forj like this.
  4. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

The lascannon seems to hit just to the left and up of the crosshair. As if it were misaligned.
    Brother_Nemiel likes this.
  5. Forgrim Forj Battle-Skald

From my research and other's, this seems to be a thing with UE4 that comes and goes. This thread (http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/psa-fix-for-jittery-mouse-movement.54966/) is how I overcame this issue, haven't had a problem since.
    Alb, Whitefox550 and Sumshine like this.
  6. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

7. Forgrim Forj Battle-Skald

Don't use one, so couldn't say for sure, but I think you'd adjust a different variable. There are sections

AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookHorizontal",Key=Gamepad_RightX,Scale=1.000000,bSecondary=False)
    AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveVertical",Key=Gamepad_LeftY,Scale=1.000000,bSecondary=False)

that I suspect is what you're looking for.
  8. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Unfortunately messing with those seems to remove the ability for the sticks to move along those axis. And as a little note gamepad_left would be the left stick used for movement. And I did correct for that in my ini changes. When placed on the correct stick it again just removes all motion on that axis.
    Forj likes this.
  9. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

Well, the lascannon is supposed to be an anti-tank weapon, not a sniper rifle.
    Reede likes this.
  10. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

Or... maybe it is not pin-point accurate and has a significant amount of spread, even on the first shot?