Background Image

Lair Complex Beta (I think)

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by BaronXIII, Apr 24, 2017.

1. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

So I continually keep playing a PVE map (which I believe is beta) that is simply impossible. And it's not a "teamwork" issue, it's just plain impossible save for stupid luck.

On this particular map, you get to a point where you travel into a room with 6 holes in the floor that drop you into slime. Sometimes, and it seems random, there is another path to take with a staircase that goes down into the slime. The problem is, if you take the staircase (when available) it's perfectly viable. If you have to drop down one of the 6 holes, either due to someone else jumping, or because the staircase is gated off, you're 100% going to lose. You drop into this slime pit and get mobbed by a sickening amount of nids that no one has the ammo to stave off, no one can move away from effectively (slime), there's no room, and you're instantly surrounded.

I'm a level 6 player, who has played this level a LOT, and I have never once passed it without the staircase, regardless of how good/bad the group I've been in. Obviously the bad groups die, but even when I'm with a squad of higher level communicating members there's just no getting by it.

If it matters I believe we were on the hard difficulty for that one, but regardless of hard or normal (I've done both), it's a death sentence. Hard just solidifies it even more.

Can we please look at this part of the map and tune it, and for other forum members if we could tag the appropriate dev because I don't know who's in charge of PVE stuff.

I think it's @PeterRich right?
    Solei, 0strum and TacoTuesdayOrBust22 like this.
  2. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

I doesn't matter whether you're playing the Beta lair on hard or normal, when the ramp is blocked and you have to take the slimepit, it's game over. The Beta lair is a piece of shit. It has some interesting components, but on the whole it is not fun to play and I avoid it when I pay attention to where the queue takes me.

Beta horde is fine, Beta lair needs a whole lot of work to make it even remotely enjoyable.

#MakeBetaLairGreatInTheFirstPlace
    BaronXIII likes this.
  3. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

And what ever happened to that lair that when you captured the last point, a whole floor piece came down like an elevator so you could get to the exit. I NEVER see that anymore.
  4. It's still in rotation, it's either delta or gamma, I think.

There's another impossible part on beta (I think), the huge room whith the 3 levels of platforms, 2 cap points on the ground level, and a third one at the top. After capping the first point, a power cell has to be transported to the top level platform, a melee warrior comes. So far, it's possible. But about halfway into capturing the second point, a ridiculously huge horde, or more like, continous stream of tyranids start coming from ALL directions, as the cap point is out in the open surounded by nests. So far, even though I played A LOT PvE, we only completed that map once, when the spawners bugged somehow and didn't spawn any nids. Even with 3 devastators, due to the sheer amount of tyranids, the complete lack of choke points, and the fps rape that occurs, holding them off is simply not possible.
    0strum likes this.
  5. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

I know what part you're talking about, and yes that part is extremely difficult as well, but with a squad of more experienced teammates I was at least able to beat that part (though it is rare, and that part is a bit too hard as well I think). It's just...that damn slime drop part is fucking impossible.
  6. Tior Elsworth Tior Steam Early Access

I agree with the slime drop part.......you just bogged down so much......