Background Image

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN PLACE YOUR BETS!!!11!!ONE!!1

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Khaernakov, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Brosephelon Recruit

Remove fire damage from A Baddies Grace just to ease the salt levels.

MoN changed from stamina regen penalty to -1 stamina to have a more meaningful downside to such a strong mark.

Thats the only things I can realistically think of, for the most part I don't think CSM really has much OP stuff. MoN is strong and could use a harsher penalty and I don't think 5 fire damage on A Baddies Grace matters but some people seem to think it completely breaks the game.
    Some people talk about the NCS being locked to MoN, but if you combine that with a MoN nerf you are just dumpstering the thing.

If anything I think CSM mostly needs buffs specifically for Aspiring Sorcerer and Mark of Tzeentch both of which are decently underperforming outside of really niche situations.
  2. Eavydakka Khaernakov Subordinate

Huh interesting, am i the only one who thinks AC sucks? i used it for a long time, yeah it kills n stuff, but imo the standard heavy bolter is the best heavy weapon, i used khorne teeth for a while but its such a small increase in RoF didnt feel worth it to not get healed(or a pocket medic if youre top score C:)
  3. Mark of Nurgle, Autocannon, Necrotic Chainsword/Knife, Sorc heal distance.

I don't think any of them are actually overpowered, just that people will whine about them.
  4. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

Definitely something with poison.

My money is on necrotic chainsword.

I think slaanesh should get something similar. Poison or weird chemicals is kinda their thing, too... but a green goopy rusty horrible-looking chainsword is definitely a nurgle-only thing.

Some sort of debuffing melee weapon for slaaneshi melee would be pretty cool... maybe some sort of weird slowing effect kinda like the grav-gun? to represent enemy nerves and senses being screwed with.
  5. Teeth of Khorne, AG, every Mark... every thing that could hit a SM in general, even standard knife is OP:rolleyes:
    Raubente, Paeyvn and Khaernakov like this.
  6. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

Our Elite got nerfed before release! Try to top that :p:p:p:p
    Paeyvn likes this.
  7. Doge TheAngryDoge Active Member

Arbys getting turned into a MC AC like it should, Nurgle mark getting a bigger downside, NCS getting some kind of nerf (tying it to Nurgle being most likely), Sorc's targeting circle for heal spells being reduced.

I agree with the AG idea, then we just need to do something with Gatekeeper and Sternguard so the RTCs are just skins like they're technically supposed to be.
  8. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

Well, ALL weapons that can be purchased for RTC should be nothing more than an MC skin, this should include things like Abbadon's Grace and also the Sternguard Bolter. As for NCS, I think it's fine in terms of performance, I guess tying it to the mark of Nurgle would be acceptable. Autocannons in general... I don't have enough recent experience at the receiving end of them to comment.
  9. Eavydakka Khaernakov Subordinate

Y-you joking, right!?
  10. Honestly CSM in the long run is quite balanced. The necro chain sword needs to be put on MoN requirement. And I don't know if -1 stam would be a better debuff to taking MoN but it would make a bit of lore wise reasoning for it. The MoT needs to be buffed a bit in the benefit it gives Sorcs as the penalty it gives is a bit much for the support class. Other than that I really rarely have an issue fighting CSM and feel like balance wise they are one of the best factions out there.
    Khaernakov likes this.