Background Image

Khorne Berserker Helmet

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Slayer88, May 18, 2017.

1. Slayer88 Recruit

Hello,

Unless I'm mistaken, the Berserker Helmet cannot be worn on Raptors. This should change. Raptors should be able to wear that helmet, it would have no affect on the balance or performance of the unit.

Reason #1 is because that helmet is not exclusive to ground assaulting Khorne Berserkers. There are other forms of Khornate warriors that sport those style helmets. There is no reason why a Khorne Berserker couldn't adopt the usage of a jump pack and there is no reason why a Raptor could not choose to wear that helmet.

Reason #2 is, if for some reason you think the the Berserker Helmet should not be worn by a Raptor because a Raptor is not a Khorne Berserker than by the same reasoning you should not be allowed to wear that helmet if you are a Tactical CSM or a Havoc. I can wear this helmet on a Havoc or tactical marine who is using the Mark of Slaanesh, so all lore justified reasons are out the window.

If anyone thinks that there is a legitimate reason why this should not be allowed please let me know. If any developers see this, please consider allowing Raptors to use this helmet (and all helmets, honestly).
  2. Shiani Brujah Preacher

Key word: "converted"

It's not canon, so it doesn't get in.
  3. Slayer88 Recruit

Your response is to a part of my statement which was not meant as an argument for why it should exist as an option but was merely an explanation of why I want it as an option.

Chaos Space Marines with Bolters and Khorne Berserker helmets is not canon, but they exist. So, you're wrong?

Also, Nurgle Marines don't use heavy weapons. But idk if that's a lore thing or a tabletop thing.
    Brujah likes this.
  4. Shiani Brujah Preacher

Yeah, should probably have read your post more thoroughly. If you can wear it whilst wearing another Mark, then that's just stupid.

Probably just an oversight.
  5. Slayer88 Recruit

I appreciate that, because I thought you were being a dick.

Yes. A Havoc guy with Mark of Slaanesh and a Plasma Cannon can use this helmet. I don't know if the Sorcerer can, I doubt it, but I've heard people complain about people using the Berserker helmet w/o the MoK.
    Brujah likes this.
  6. Viktor Aramorae TheWarpsmith Well-Known Member

Sorcerers cannot wear it thankfully, but it seems they didn't attach the restriction to marks
  7. Deathwish Deathwish Subordinate

I think putting a mark restriction to the Khorne helms specifically would/could help out Sorcerers. I don't melee with anything other than MoK and I used to leave the right shoulder with the default appearance so that Sorcerer could see that I was a Khornate and they shouldn't bother trying to heal me, then I decided I wanted to look the part more than worry about helping Sorcerers. This was about the same time Sorcerers got nerfed and no one was playing them anyways.
    Normally I'm not a fan of restricting players when it comes to aesthetics but I make an exception in this case.
    hotpocketpotatopants likes this.
  8. Slayer88 Recruit

I like my left shoulder pad unaltered so that I can see the Mark clearly.

I don't really understand why Slaanesh owns the Raptors in this game... Raptors aren't Dark Eldar jet bikes.... but w/e. Slaanesh should've have a patent on Raptors, but since it does I don't care so much about not getting to be a Raptor.

I still think that the Berserker Helmet should be usable as a Raptor. Idc if non-MoK characters use the helmet really, I just wish I could be a Khornate Raptor. I also wish I could dual wield lightning claws or remove my bolt pistol (though, it's probably worth way more than 50LP for me lol).
  9. Deathwish Deathwish Subordinate

What specifically is keeping you from playing a Khorne Raptor?
  10. Slayer88 Recruit

Nothing. I want to wear the Berserker Helmet as a Raptor. I also don't really get why there's a Mark of Slaanesh jump pack.