Background Image

[keep Bumped!] Chance To Rename The Csm 'tactical' Class !

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Ideas_McGee, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Sigvald Darthy Curator

I would, hell my legion calls itself the Emperors Children.

We practically staple imperial terms to ourselves as a form of mockery.
  2. That is one Legion.

Every other Legion thinks their betrayal as the least important aspect of their chaotic beliefs. For Word Bearers, I doubt they consider their actions treason at all. Faith in the Emperor was the basis of their loyalty to him, when he broke that he broke their loyalty. They were not betraying the Emperor, they were staying true to their beliefs and maintaining loyalty to their Primarch.
  3. Sigvald Darthy Curator

I agree actually and was a big proponent of 'Legionnaire' I was just saying 'Hey, my Legion would totally call itself traitors dude.'

Unfortunately, I get the impression that GW's increasing focus on renegades prevented it from happening.
  4. Hell renegade would have beem fine by me, in fact I think every single serious suggestion on this thread was a better choice. "Traitor" just is so tied with the Imperial perspective.

Plus, I don't really understamd that reasoning then the included subfactions are all Legion, and I sincerly doubt anybody but Alpha Legion will win the fifth subfaction vote, so I don't see why Legionaire didn't fly.
  5. Loldoom Loldoom Well-Known Member

Especially if subfaction classes can have different names, I don't see why spehss wulfs can have grey hunters but legions can't have legionnaires. If warbands are added then they can have renegade, traitor or even a more special one based on specifically them.
  6. Sigvald Darthy Curator

Red Corsairs might actually be on the fifth subfaction vote according to some people...which actually might of been pretty cool and could have a chance.
  7. It could, but I don't think it will. In the vote Ivans doing it is Red Corsairs is only gettimg galf thr gotes of Alpha Legion, and I think that will be the case for the real vote. Them after that people want the Cult Legions, so it looks like it's going towards being all Chaos Legions.
    Ideas_McGee likes this.
  8. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

That poll is not attracting a broad enough sample to make it glaringly obvious which way the community will go. Although you're still right it will probably end up as AL. 40Kers fear change. I really could handle AL or RC but one rarely undertakes massed combat action (couple of exceptions) and the other is based halfway across the other side of the galaxy. I like both groups so either way works but I would vote RC atm for reasons of expanded CSM plot potential. Politics and the Warp *cheers*. Anyway ...

On the naming of the class, I was told it was from the top 3 picks however it's always been the case that GW has the first and final say on names. Someone pointed out earlier that Marauders and Reavers exist in Warhammer already for example. I'm not sure what other conflicts/constraints there may have been but I was expecting a different outcome despite being pleased with Traitor vs Tactical at the very least.

Perhaps Ivan will share if someone asks in a non-douche way ?
  9. Sigvald Darthy Curator

IVAN, YOU STUPID ASSHOLE, COME TELL US WHY YOU'RE FUCKING LYING RAINBOW DASH PONY LOVING BDSM ASS LIED TO US ALL ABOUT THE POLL YOU GODDAMN FILTHY HIPPY.

NERD.

Amidoinitrite?
    Phorr likes this.
  10. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

... And that was the day that Ivan renamed the CSM classes after MLP ponies and gave them all half health o_O