Background Image

KB & M or Controller? What do you prefer and why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CaptainHades, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

I use a controller. I know people will say KB&M is superior, and it very well may be, but I'm a controller guy through and through. Some annoyances. Aim resetting to 0 degrees after moving, fine aim (especially when scoped) not being separate, but all in all it's more than playable. I'd suggest anybody that has doubts try out either for a month. Get comfortable, learn the ins and outs. It depends on the player to find out witch they thrive with.
    CaptainHades and Dharchaon81 like this.
  2. CaptainHades Recruit

I'll direct you to the above comments Brother, you like what you like
  3. CaptainHades Recruit

Thank you! I'm having a blast so far and even though there are similarities it is indeed quite a different experience from SM!
  4. Safreadis Safreadis Arkhona Vanguard

EC is mainly Shooter oriented, you'll highly prefer a KBM, even in melee, notably to perform a Defensive Bash (a move that protects you from light/fast attacks, also known as DBash) if you are a Ranged class. Once you've started you DBash you can orient it so that it connects even if your opponent tries to roll behind you. It's much easier to do with a mouse than with a Controller.

And Welcome aboard!
    CaptainHades likes this.
  5. Nyhilist Nyhilist Active Member

I bought controllers for my PC with the sole reason as KB&M seriously gaming. controller( I have ps4,steam, and a 360 controller) I use for lazy non seriously I wanna lay down gaming mode.) Steam controller is my default now. I really like it it has a lot of option and can be customized. That said it has to be customized per personal preference. Steam has good community support and controller files you can brose through. Also you just have to get use to a new controller type. If you can stomach that then go for it imo. Other wise the other 2 work find but in the end KB&M are supreme.
    CaptainHades likes this.
  6. CaptainHades Recruit

Thanks for the advice,

It's good to be aboard!
  7. Chuffy Chuffster Deacon

I use Keyboard and Mouse.

The only time a controller might make sense to me in this game is if I only played Melee. The Melee design, which I dislike for other reasons, causes me physical pain. The D-Bash move, double mouse button, causes pain in the tricep muscle close to my elbow. I discovered this after practicing duelling in the garrison. 3 duels and I had to stop playing that evening.

I can play games all day without ill effects, heck I even have over a year and a half (/played stat) on my main WoW character (and something like 20,000 hours played on all characters). I've never encountered a combat system, like the Melee system in Eternal Crusade, which hurts.

Good job I don't like the EC Melee design anyway, and rarely use its Melee classes, otherwise I literally could not play.
    CaptainHades likes this.
  8. kharnzor kharnzor Arkhona Vanguard

I've been using a controler for the past couple of months due to having an issue with my left hand..its pretty hard.
    I also broke the stupid thing a week ago fml lol
    CaptainHades likes this.
  9. Mogsey Mogsey Member

Couldn't imagine using a controller in a game like this, but ye there are certain in game mechanics that suggest that it's ok.