Background Image

Kannon Deffgun vs Dead Shiny Kannon Deffgun

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Deathwish, Apr 15, 2018.

1. I think its time to have the devs look at the Dead Shiny Kannon. 70LP doesnt seem to pay out for what you get for it. It charges up only a sliver faster than the regular version. Heres a side by side.

View: https://youtu.be/3CslhEuMNrY

@Pierrick @jbregg
    Poi likes this.
  2. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Master crafted on alot of xenos stuff doesn't do a damn thing.Its like they just forgot to alter any stats.
  3. Bigbitz Ironangel2k3 Steam Early Access

I always thought you used the master crafted stuff for flash/bragging rights since you were gimping your build
  4. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

It really depends on the weapons.

For most guns (light and heavy) you can use either. A bit more/less SIPS doesn't make a big difference, just pick whatever works better LP-wise. Personally I try to use MC if I can, especially on high-spread weapons.

For melee-weapons it isn't usually worth it except knives. If you break a sword, you are using it the wrong way.

Now, some of the special categories are interesting. Lascannons, Fusion Pistols, Tempest Launchers for instance are all straight and substantial upgrades to the base-variants, very much worth their LP.
    I'd agree that the Kannon probably is not but it isn't alone in that regard.
  5. Following master crafted LasCannon math, a .5 second charge time discount costs 50LP. I guess Orks are neither frugal nor good at math.
    Since I don't know, I'll ask. What is the difference between a standard Tempest and a MC Tempest?
  6. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Heat. Used to be an extra burst, I don't think it is anymore but you still get to fire faster.
  7. Bigbitz Ironangel2k3 Steam Early Access

fru·gal
    ˈfro͞oɡəl/
    adjective
    1. sparing or economical with regard to money or food.

Dat soundz pretty zoggin' un-orky ta be onnist.
  8. Yep. You're not being very froogal with your LP if you spend the extra 70LP just to shave off a sliver of charge up time.
  9. Seraphel Recruit

Yeh, shur, but da deffkannon's got lotz more BOOM an POW an ZOWIE an stuff, dat makez it worf while.
  10. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

FTFY