Background Image

Justifying Possessed Plwer Fist?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Silfarion, May 2, 2017.

1. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

Now no amount of whine is going to give it new features, and its load out is probably not going to change. If you want to discuss that go somewhere else

But what if the power fist (the only item in its loadout) was given closed alpha levels of force? You've all seen the video

View: https://youtu.be/uNLMW-B7fus

I can believe in a daemonically possessed space marine with a power fist launching tanks with the power of a Imperial Knight using a Thunderstrike gauntlet
  2. No one wants even MORE physics. While they occasionally are helpful and amusing at their current level, usually I just end up losing my cover punching the vehicle and put myself in the turret crosshairs or whatever was shooting at me.

I'll take a modded Power Fist with an increased damage on Sprint Attack for it though, gib me.
  3. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

So let me get that right, Chaos elite is in your view supposed to be a clownish gimmik class which has hillariously fun rhino bashing physiks?

Don't forget the requisitionversion of this, so it does not turn out p2w and then cherish the "doublemeltabomb, erm chaosfist OP" threads if they would actually follow suit.

No, thank you.
  4. I would say crank the speed up to a sword, reduce the other stats to a chain axe, make him tough like a nurgle TA vet, give him Slaanesh speed and perhaps some lifesteal and extra stamina. For the animation they can keep the powerfist, just open the hand and make it more "clawy". Like that it would come relativ close to the Possessed in the current CSM Codex.
  5. The physics of this game are amazing in their own way. Try throwing a frag grenade in a mob of Tyranids, and see it bounce away in a random direction at the speed of sound.
  6. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Because adding weight to physics objects iz'arh
    Meanwhile rhino's stumble across the roads like they are literally cardboard boxes instead of metal boxes...
  7. FoxDie Sonbot Well-Known Member

Isn't that why we are here? Why the forums exists? To address and express our concerns about EC that are unsatisfying?

Yeah, I know they may lack dev power at the moment, but the class isn't heroic. I said this before, its just a beefier face puncher. Give it a special ability or something, like hold T to let out a howl that does some sort of effect.

edit: Sorry its just how I feel. I know it was an optimistic solution to the state of the character. To give it a feeling of demonic strength.
  8. Look! Rhinos! RRRRRRHHHHIIIIIIINNNNNOOOSSSSS! Our enemies hide in METAL BAWKSES, DA KOWARDZ! TEH FEWLZ!! We...(asthma) We should take away their METAL BAWKSES!
    ...SSSSSINDRRRIIIIIIII!!!

[​IMG]
  9. Eavydakka Khaernakov Subordinate

Oh vehicle physics... im quite traumatized already, i used to be a very good vindicator driver, always loved to drive that thing, one day.... it happened twice while i was shooting, right after the shot the motion of the tank going back sent me to the warp that doesnt allow you to redeploy.... ever since then i never touched a vindicator again...
  10. Brosephelon Recruit

When you get knocked out of the map in a vehicle STAY IN THE VEHICLE. The vehicle will eventually die and take you with it, if you jump out you will stay in the warp forever.