Background Image

Just a curious question.

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Panzerstar, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Iron Weiss Panzerstar Steam Early Access

With the vastness of all 40k stuff.

In your own words. What lead you to liking the Eldar? I mean besides being a rather unique cadre of mostly female spaces elves who is responsible for maybe a decent chunk of what is wrong with the galaxy and Slaanesh. Was it just to stand out? The tech? The suddenly unappealing bolter? Just thought I ask you all.
  2. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

• They are Elves and I play Elves in all settings if possible
    • They aren't Space Marines which is more of a benefit on TT as my store is 99% Space Marines, it spices stuff up
    • The Dire Avengers look awesome simply because of their helmets, I like helmet plumes
    • The Striking Scorpion is literally Predator
    • Magic, they are the best race in terms of warp manipulation(for non warp entities) and I like magic
    • You can do some truly awesome conversions with their models, when I start TT again I'm kit bashing them with High Elves to make them High Elves in space
    • All models are diverse, it's not a Space Marine just holding a different gun, Helmets and armour vary on specialization as well
    • Shining Spears exist, they have a unit of space Elf jousters on anti gravity bikes in space with laser lances that shoot lasers!

Also conversions
    [​IMG]
    Sily, Thana, Cegorach and 1 other person like this.
  3. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

1. They have spears
    2. The other factions don't
  4. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

I want you to imagine something.

If the Imperium is Rome, then the Eldar are Ancient Greece, and there's the potential to be an Olympic Triathlon Spartan / Alexander the Great combo:

[​IMG]

In addition to Necromancy, Bushido, and a hell of a lot of David Bowie inspired Synthwave. And now that Ynnead is a reality, there's a road to becoming the Litch King. What's not to like?

In game, they offer some of the most fantastic tactical combinations I've ever experienced in a game, especially a team orientated one. They call us OP, cheesy, ect. because we just keep coming up with new and inspired ideas with our limited kit faster than others can respond to it, or nerf it, and there's no end in sight to how creative you can be with the Eldar.

I like the challenge of overcoming 4 Nerfs to this faction and the innumerable smaller ones. I'll keep playing this game and Eldar even if it ends up being 1v1.
  5. A picture paints a thousand words. So here's a few thousand words on why the Eldar is best.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(and yes that first picture is a Space Elf Wizard riding a dinosaur, it's canon, even though they seem to be trying to fade Exodites out of the picture more than ever)
    Oddbob likes this.
  6. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

The Dawn of War games were my introduction to the 40k universe.

In the first game and its expansions, the Eldar were the only race trying to do good. They saw above the squabbles of the Imperium and the Greenskins and were trying to confront greater threats.

Every time they tried to stop Chaos or later on, the Necrons. The Imperium would come along with their self-righteous attitude and charge headfirst into every situation blindly. Priding themselves in their ignorance and ignoring all logic due to their sheer arrogance as a race.

It was the equivalent of this:
    [​IMG]

And yeah, I know Eldar are arrogant, but it seems justified when you see what humanity has become.
    Sily likes this.
  7. Dorfus Dorfus Steam Early Access

1. they don't have nonsensical oversized feet armor

2. high tech bois

3. were the rulers of the whole fucking galaxy once

4. created a chaos god

5. em i guess female elf ass means something too

6. they're tall like me irl lol

7. tight armor suits for viewing pleasure of the eldar female body ( ͡⎚ ͜ʖ ͡⎚)

8. they're quite anime, not as much as tau but still somewhat anime

9. they don't need shitty genetic mutations to be better than humans in every way
    Sily likes this.
  8. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

The costuodes would like to have a word with that as would moleck
    As for meh
    its
    1. Access to black library as a Harlequin
    2. Being allowed to laugh and make fun of the things i slay as a Harlequin
    Safreadis likes this.
  9. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

Custodes aren't in the game and probably never will be, neither will whatever the heck a "moleck" is. Besides, Imperial spears don't have tassels
  10. Rheeva Rheeva Steam Early Access

Lets see:
    -I had no previous interest in Eldar to this game, I generally like Elves, but I did not really like their interpretation in WH40k
    -I originally joined for the female character option and also because Stalker Bolter got boring very quickly.
    -I quickly took great interest in the concept of the Howling Banshee, I like the 'agile and deadly' or 'bladedancer'-archetype and Banshees are pretty badass.
    -So this got me to read up on Aspect Warriors, shortly after Eldar culture and history in general and I have to say its quite fascinating.
    -I tried to create an 'actual' Eldar-name
    -Now I am working on two pet projects to create an excel-based translator for LamEldannar and a font type for lettering runes so I guess its fair to say that I got involved pretty deeply over a relatively short period of time.

So yeah, the fluff is quite fascinating, I dont like all, but many aspects of the visual design.
    As far as EC goes: They are the only Faction that feels intuitive to use for me, I dont know how I played this game with the running speed of LSM or how I could ever drive one of their Bricks around.
    Also it doesnt matter that we might be technically slighly underpowered, as no other faction is that likely to communicate and coordinate with me.
    bossjesse likes this.