Background Image

Jumppacker Health normalization

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eagle_11, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thats just you. I can very well get the JPA to work. You probably just ain't doing it right. The Assault Marine is best utilized in hit and run tactics. You MUST choose your OWN engagements, in YOUR terms. Not the other way around. You kill one or two, drop a frag if you see a large group and get the HELL out of there. Then you rearm if you manage to get out alive and you get back at it again. In the meantime, you have to keep an eye on your fuel level. If you spam the spacebar like a maniac and waste fuel, youre as good as dead. You have to be mindful of that shit.

2. My 4 fuel build's eye bleedingly low health pool is fine the way it is. If anything bolter damage needs to be reduced or rate of fire lowered more. Jump classes don't need any more nerfs.
    Gravord likes this.
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

That isnt really smart , if bolter gets nerfed again , will you complain about stormbolter/plasmagun/stalker next ?
    Arafael likes this.
  4. True very true
  5. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

I'll give you the only good advice you need as a JPA :

Know the maps on your fingertips.

Once you get it, you'll be able to play any kind of JP playstyle, but whatever you try to play rushy as I do, or play it sneaky as most seem to think it's how it's done, if you don't have a very good understanding of the maps, you're gonna have a hard time. You're not a GA with extra tankiness to make up for your mistakes or a "fly all map in 1s" hawk as soon as you get shot.

You're the class being the best at manoeuvring in close quarters, and for you to use this best asset, you just need to know where you are, how high is the ceiling in this room, where are the enemy spawns, can I reach this upper level in a single jump, do I have a one/two fuel escape route out of this kill, can I speedfuel my way through the room to blitzkrieg disrupt? And the list goes on.

I'm myself all for a slight buff of armor or health, around 25 for either of these, but to be honest, it would only serve in very specific scnenarii, and if you can't survive/kill as of now, such a tiny boost if it ever happens won't change the deal.

Just keep practicing, don't play it sneaky because even tho many are advicing to do so, it won't help you improve in the slighest and it will frustrate you more than you'll have fun, just go for kills, learn your maps, learn to recognize the fights you have to bail out from and your JP playstyle level will skyrocket.
    Faeruin, Arafael, Eagle_11 and 3 others like this.
  6. Sit down yer little shits and let me tell you a story bout the Alpha of this mudball.

Back in the Days JPA and GA had the same ammount of health. And if you were completly honest to yourself, JPA was the better Ground assault. The Chaos GA at least could cap, but the LSM GA was just a weaker Jetpack Dude.

Wasn't till shields that LSM GA's had something going for them, but still all the good people were running JPA.

With bigger Health-Pool GA became more relevant. If you normalize this again it's a step backwards.
    Cyborg_Dragon likes this.
  7. Nurgle is too much. I think a 20% decrease would be better (no cult shard)
  8. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

nurgle is fine.
    still has more durability than an average ground trooper .. you hardly notice the slower fuel regen
    At Least I don't .. to busy hitting folk. being stuck in slow ass animation loops to care about fuel regen speeds

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xHpIcGIjCA

I long for the day that ppl will complain about plasma gun OP
    Because that would mean something significant must have changed..
    Schwifty likes this.
  9. Gravord Gravord Active Member

This game need health and armor increase across the board and increased TTK.
  10. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

We had that before as well, it wasn't fun to pump half of your mag into opponents head and still have him walk around.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.