Background Image

Jump Pack Assault Hard to Use?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by acepost, Dec 16, 2017.

1. I run fuel regen on all my builds because I hate waiting for it to recharge.
    Jump in and after about 2 swipes your fuel has already recharged. So it is viable imo.
    I do agree with using swords because speed is essential.
    You can cheese with a smart pistol as well using overhead jumps but that's pretty lame tbh. But if you wanna improve your own skills I'd recommend a normal bolt pistol and using it to finish off low hp enemies mostly.

Lastly, if you're new to the melee system, you might wanna practice some more with a shield bro, jump assaults require a bit more finesse. There's usually a few players in the lsm garisson clashing about as well.
    Schwifty and 0strum like this.
  2. DavyBoy CuCulainn Curator

Also on ticket or fortress when attacking it can be useful to take a grenade drop on your enemy especially if they are downed in order to stop their supports from healing them.
  3. This works for me on my standard non vet build -

Standard Power Armour
    - because you're tough as nanna's nuts and twice as salty
    Chainblade of Fury
    Master Crafted Bolt Pistol -
    because no self respecting player uses 'smart' pistols and manual ones are SO much better
    Heavy Barrel - slotted for increased accuracy in close range is best​
    Hyper Efficient Jump Pack - for +1 Fuel, 3 in total
    Extra Regulators - for +50% fuel regen speed
    Fuel Cyler - for 3% extra fuel regen speed
    Health Unit Major - for filler, gives more percentage benefit over armor
    Medi Pack - for those superman moments where you get to swoop in and save an ally and jump up and away!
  4. Slough Monster Slough_Monster Arkhona Vanguard

Maul is actually my favorite, but use whatever works for you.
    landing a heavy with a Maul is almost a guaranteed kill. Tacs can only clang 3 to 4 times before breaking. It obliterates shield bros who are used to being able to hide after losing a couple clangs and if you d-bash someone, you can just shoot them to death with your pistol.
    Talron likes this.
  5. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Best tip is gitgud with normal melee weapons 1st before you try and use the slower weapons since they take quite a bid more " patience" to use.
    And generally speaking you don't want to use slow weapons on JPA's since you lack the EHP to take hits , you need to be quick with your attacks so you can I frame when needed instead of being stuck in a slow weapon animation.
  6. -WCA-Vola Talron Confessor

I'm a maul main user but only on GAs if you are playing a jump don't expect to get over 30 kills a game because they are designed to disrupt enemies and allow the team to push in without taking heavy fire. I tend to run 3 fuel and Regen on my builds to really help with this and I almost always take a powersword or Chainblade of fury if you are LSM.
  7. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

JPA is about picking the flank you wanna exploit. Or how many Devs can i kill before they notice. So picking your fights is important. Same goes for GA.
    Talron likes this.
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

:eek:
  9. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

Bird.
  10. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

PrplHze likes this.