Background Image

JSOC - Joint System Operations Command: Special Combat Division )Redux

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by BadDo9, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Imperius matt23 Curator

(@Maleth ) Oleg smiled slightly out of the corner of his mouth as he lit another cigarette, "You are far to kind to allow me such an honor as 'letting it slide'. At any rate, we will see if that pretty little nickname of yours sticks or is just a imaginary persona that you have fooled others with." He then let out a cloud of smoke from his mouth as he continued, "Now, don't you worry that pretty little head while you run off and play in the shadows. I'll be there to distract and protect ya, demon." Oleg then winked at Ryliana as he laughed.

(@Uriel1339 ) "It is about time the old man said something of worth. This damn planet will think the end of times has come when I get done with it," Oleg said with perhaps a little to much joy. He then pressed his ear piece and said with a smile, "Anna! Let's get this shitty party kickstarted. Run a systems check on the Hammer and have her ready for me when I get there."
  2. Fox Vulpas Well-Known Member

"Right, I'll be in formation Sledgehammer," Sabak said Deciding to go with the plan that was being said, His own bionic eye looked at those he would be serving with assessing them, Judging making observation and hypotheticals on how the mission might go. "I'll get ready for deployment," Sabak said heading off to the armory to grab his gear and then to a hanger to enter The Raptor.
  3. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

"Seems like we are all on the same page then. Maybe this troupe might be worth something to galactic peace after all." Vern mused with a low degree of sarcasm, just glad that everyone was getting ready to deploy appropriately.

He was a little bit concerned about the eager will of destruction from Oleg, as ironically as he was by Yumi's apparent carelessness. It was uncertainty of whether it was just smack talk and trying 'to be cool', or if they truly just were like that. The pressure and heat of combat would reveal their true faces and Vern would go from there.

The oldest of the crew waited with his back against the wall for everyone to leave or to engage in conversation, wanting the last to be to leave the briefing room and gear up. He would nod to everyone passing by, starting with Yumi, Oleg and Sabak.
    Grall_Stonefist, matt23, Wata and 2 others like this.
  4. < @Maleth >

~~~~~~~~~~

}}Begin Search{{
    }}Section I - Prior Targets{{
    }}Analyzing{{
    }}Total number of suspected transport attacks perpetrated - 47{{
    }}Estimated Percentages - SSP 60%, HEM 10%, DHC 10% NAIA 10% Civilian 9% Starlex 1%{{
    }}Section II - Possible Sources of Support{{
    }}Sub-priority - Origin of Halcyon Cruiser{{
    }}Analyzing{{
    }}Open Ops Report Y-2331-b{{
    }}Probable Black Market Connections for funds and other supplies{{
    }}Possible Starlex Collaboration?{{
    }}Scanning{{
    }}ERROR - Not enough data{{
    }}Origin of Cruiser - unknown ; suspect salvaged from Starseed Rebellion-era ship graveyard{{
    ------
    }}Deep Scan{{
    }}Halcyon Cruiser{{
    }}Starseed-era Cruiser, common yet powerful HEM-Tech led design{{
    }}Medium-Class vessel ; outdated ; Relevant{{
    }}Armor Class - Medium/Heavy ; Weapon Specs - 6 heavy broadsides ; 3 forward cannons ; Flak-defense systems ; Fighter Compliment - 150{{
    }}Danger Class IV{{
    }}Number Created - 175{{
    }}Number Still in service - 0{{
    }}Number Decommissioned - 134{{
    }}41 Units assumed lost or destroyed{{
    }}Conclusion - Incomplete Data. Conclusions Inadvisable{{
    }}End Deep Scan{{
    ------
    }}End Search{{
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Ryliane would gain the above information after another few moments, her credentials seeming to have done the trick. However, she would also get a digital note flashed to her, unknown sender.

}}Don't Push your Luck{{

< @Uriel1339 @Maleth @Grall_Stonefist @matt23 @Vulpas >

As the pilots went to the hanger to prepare, Starseeker would continue flying on it's way towards Yenneri. Data would be fed to Vern, who arrived on the bridge, and to the rest of the SCD. Vern would be able to see the Halcyon Hemterra from a good distance away given the size of the cruiser. "Alert." came Starseeker's voice through the intercom system. "Formation Sledgehammer's drop zone is inside known Halcyon-class passive radar radius." this meant that as long as someone was paying attention, that formation would be noticed without issue. Given that they were going for a full-frontal assault, perhaps that is what they wanted.

Then there was still the fact that Shadowfall was dropping outside that range, which also meant that they would be starting the mission in the purportedly deadly wilds - reports could be opened of security mechs being torn apart in less than a minute by certain specimens of the flora and fauna. "Please confirm drop coordinates. Arrival in two minutes."

This would give the team a final chance for chatting or strategizing.​
  5. Imperius matt23 Curator

Reaching to hanger took a little time for Oleg as he had to stop by the armory to pick up his heavy machine gun and equipment. Oleg slowly rubbed his hand down the barrel of his machine gun as he smiled. Oleg then loaded up a large rucksack with hundreds of rounds for his weapon before heading to the hangar. "Time to have a little fun," he said as lit a cigarette.

Upon entering the hanger, Oleg walked straight over to his mech. Walking onto the lift, he got into his pilot seat after setting his weapons aside. He rubbed his hand over the control panel, "You missed daddy didn't you?" Anna's voice then came across the intercom, "Talking to inanimate objects is unhealthy." Oleg then yelled at Anna with a balled fist, "Don't you take that tone of voice with me, Anna! I will reset your personality to that of a screwdriver if you keep it up!" Anna in a sarcastic tone responded, "At least then you could have conversations with something on your level of intellect." Oleg then left out a puff of smoke from his cigarette as he held up his middle finger to the all areas of the cockpit.

After rolling his eyes and taking a drink from his flask, Oleg booted up the main systems and began all his pre-mission checks. While conducting his checks, Oleg would check comms with everyone else's mech to ensure everyone else was as ready as he was for some fun. "All personnel monitoring this channel, this is Oleg of team Sledgehammer. All systems are green. Checking comms. How copy," he said as he leaned back into a position showing he was growing impatient.
    BadDo9, Uriel1339 and Maleth like this.
  6. Wata Wata Arkhona Vanguard

"Coordinates confirmed. Comms online and working."
    Yumi stretched his neck in the seat. Crown that connected her to Kingslayer took time to get used to. Comfortable was not a choice with this mech.
    "Got to be a confident predator that'd attack metal giant. If we keep our distance they might just do the same. Unless every animal in that jungle has rabies or something."

Alspaer remained silent. The AI didn't say much, adding another layer of creepy to the relationship between the pilot and it.
    "Radar cloaking online." Alspaer's deep, raspy voice suddenly came through with static in the cockpit. Yumi flinched at it in surprise. "Lower the volume, fuck's sake, Alspaer." There was no response, only a small indicator on her HUD that displayed volume slightly lowering.
  7. Maleth Maleth Subordinate

Needless to say, Ryliane had quite a lot to think about, digesting Legion's report as she picked up her weaponry of laser rifle, submachinegun, spurs and explosives from the armory. Afterwards, she suited up in the ornate, black-and Gold “Athena” Suit.
    Thankfully for her sake, that was her choice of name for the actual suit, even if not quite her design to make it ‘stand out’ on the field of battle.

Once inside, Legion said to her “Speculation on whom sent the message of pushing our luck?” The woman replied “I have no idea, but I’m sure they’re not part of Starlex.” Legion replied: “Especially considering our role is… Well, the Company would be very short-sighted to remove one of their top people merely over using their position to ensure they could do their job that comes with their purpose.”

Still, time passed and the duo of woman and machine were ready for departure for the mission. Sterliarx took part in the comms check with “Comms functional, and Coordinates confirmed. Ready to lead Shadowfall.” Meanwhile, Legion was busy forwarding a condensed version of the information he had found out on behalf of Ryliane for the rest of the AI to digest and take into account for their own planning.