Background Image

iz da grav kannon sum propa dakk-umm... i mean...

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Khaernakov, Mar 18, 2017.

1. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Probably because the devs learned a lesson after making earlier weapons. Also probably because the grav has way more range than a MM and is intended as a support weapon to be used in tandem with another AV weapon. If grav was stronger then there would be no point to using anything else. Rokkits got nerfed because they were doing that don't expect for other weapons to do it.
  2. Cauchemare Recruit

I honestly think it's a matter of positioning. If you're there for your team and your team is supporting you, there's literally no reason not to use grav weapons. Be it a HB or a Lascannon, or even a melta for that matter - anything will work better in most situations if there's a grav weapon nearby.

I'm yet to have a single situation where I had any trouble for shooting grav at a tank, honestly. I'm not dumb enough to do that on an open field, so I kinda can duck and cover as soon as things go wrong.

Not to mention, with damage-II and recoil mods, grav-cannon is doing fairly fine against infantry for me.
    Khaernakov likes this.
  3. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Grav cannon will out dps an eldar DA at 12m+ especially if you have recoil mods. It will also out dps a slugga pistol at range as well. It just won't out dps most dedicated range weapons at their intended ranges.
  4. ANGRY MARINE ANGRY-MARINE Well-Known Member

The Grav weapons are support weapons, but they're dangerous in their own right. You can catch unaware enemies just fine, but otherwise you'd fare much better with an ally gunning alongside you to actually kill your intended target.
  5. It's a toss up. I'm using it now with a grav pistol and krak bundle. I'm not having bad luck with it but it takes longer to destroy a vehicle than a melta.

It's not bad. You can hurt the vehicle with the rifle and keep it slow with the pistol while the rifle cools off. It hits infantry pretty hard too and not as clumsy as the metla.

I like it so far. Not sure if it's going to remain my go to AV weapon, but it hasn't let me down yet. It's versatile enough.

Right now, I have zero experience with the cannon. Just the rifle and pistol.
  6. Souledge Reax Steam Early Access

Simply answer. Grav guns and cannons are NOT for solo play. They are made for Clan Play and are OP at this point. Imagine what a Grav cannon+ Multimelter+ melterbomb anti tank squad could do. Expecialy vs Eldar its a must have. If u want to play Antitank solo u should play melterbomb with an melter.
  7. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Or just use a MM and phwee everything to death in only two overheats.
  8. Souledge Reax Steam Early Access

MM defence vs any enemys sitting in an Truck/rhino/seprent is not good enough for solo play. But i love MM too ^^