Background Image

I've been trying to play Lair for ages. Is this mode worth the wait?

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by Isvaelin, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Pierre-Richard PeterRich Lead Level Designer

@Aislinn, are you talking about the last room with the waves?
  2. Yup, PvE doesn't seem to be scaling correctly for 2-man version.

Old maps don't seem to have enough time to activate all 3 points when you first come across that, in the new map the open magma area where you hold out for the elevator spawns ginormous amounts of gaunts absolutely nonstop and finally at the multi-floor area where you carry the power cell it spawns at least 1 Warrior which is where our Eldar runs ended.
    0strum likes this.
  3. Aislinn Aislinn First Blood!

Could be it. Same room was used as an initial one in the first pve map we ever had to test.
    And back in the day, it also had issues with the gaunts.
  4. mindless Largo First Blood!

oh yeah, you forgot to specify the idiots who like to stand in the corridors and try to kill all the Tyranid (as they appear infinitely), as well for those who do not know why you need a medic, and how to play this class. As well as not fully desire to learn tactics and self-improvement for maximum efficiency in the team. as well as on all the yelling that they're idiots, because no one ran to pull them out of the huge pile of tyranid ...
  5. Pierre-Richard PeterRich Lead Level Designer

Sorry for the late answer.

We have been making some improvement with the tyranids lately. Sometimes, they used to go through walls because of physics / navmesh.

Also in the next patch (maybe hotfix), the Termagaunts will have a better behaviour, they used to shoot at you in weird angle and positions which was resulting in them not moving at all sometimes.

Considering the scaling with the number of players, we are going to add a new scaling for 2 and 4 players.
    Like I said in another post, we wanted to have a scaling for 2-3 and 4-5 players. But we are looking into it.

We also received some stats for the PVE and we are going to adjust some rooms to balance the difficulty.

I don't have an ETA yet for the scaling, so I can't promise anything :)

Thanks!
  6. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

On the topic of the scaling, does the scaling get adjusted between segments of the lair if one or more members of the group leave? (disconnects, ragequits, etc.)
  7. Pierre-Richard PeterRich Lead Level Designer

Yes the scaling is adjusted between objective.
  8. DiscoJacen DiscoJacen Well-Known Member

Now see Pierre that is a great dev post.
    Ty
  9. Mr.Slendykins Sockman Slendykins Steam Early Access

Why is everyone saying 5k exp at max? I've gotten over 9k exp and req on Hard man, it's definitely worth it if you get a good team and good teamwork in the same field.
  10. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard

Was that in a time when kills gave XP? Because I have never seen such high scores ever since. Or you were a healer and your team was constantly on the brink of death. Or was it horde mode (haven't tried that one yet)?