Background Image

Its Warhammer but where is the Warhammer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Romp, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Romp Romp Subordinate

Hello dev,

I have noticed that there aren't any Warhammer available in RTC. Why is that so? it's Warhammer 40k for god sake! give us Warhammer to use!!
    Njord-Halfhand likes this.
  2. Orkus Pokus Trenchwar Arkhona Vanguard

Mmm, isn't the name only borrowed from warhammer fantasy battle which was meant to be sigmar's hammer that emperor karl franz wielded? warhammer 40k being burrowed because in its early stages eldars where just space elves, space dwarves were a thing and orks had female and weren't yet made of extraterrestrial fungus? Then the two Titles got seperated and both with their own lore.

The "warhammer " in warhammer 40k doesn't refer to a specific hammer, to my knowledge, at least not like a godlevel warhammer that an emperor soon to be god would have during his lifetime.

If we are also fair, there is no such thing as a warhammer in warhammer, ironically, all so called warhammers are maces.

A warhammer would be very small on its hammer point to concentrate the force and also include a protuding spike on the other end. As there is no such thing as praticality or logic in wh40k, it is only fitting that no warhammer exist in the universe.

We might as well call it assault rifle 40k, for that matter, because there are guns that look like rifle except they aren't and perform like rifles except they aren't, but then people would get even more confused.

Joking aside, we got maces.

Two handed hammers are post launch, but a warhammer could be one handed, but there has never been a warhammer in warhammer.
    Sumshine and Bugz like this.
  3. Romp Romp Subordinate

would love to buy a two handed Warhammer! give those heretics a big crack in their skull
  4. Thunder Hammers are as close as you will get to a Warhammer as far as I know.
  5. You called?

...oh, warhammer.
  6. Ser DJ Hodor TheBurgerMeister Well-Known Member

Also I believe Nathan had stated that two handed weapons are on the way so we should see them in the next month or so. Though I don't know how they're going to handle it with the current horribad melee system. :|
  7. Roaming Wolf Roaming-Wolf Steam Early Access

Yes it refers to Ghal Maraz, the hammer of Sigmar, because fantasy battles predates 40k by several years.

[​IMG]

I guess they just called it Warhammer 40k because it's another GW table top game but set in the future and they aren't clever with names.
    Romp likes this.
  8. [​IMG]
    Captain Titus deems this insidious dribble........ HERESY!

Also 1 handed hammers do exist in the 40K universe. Pics off of Space Wolf Codex
    [​IMG]

top left
    [​IMG]
    beltofrusssw likes this.
  9. GratLurking Recruit

Yeah, or that daemonhammer that THQ pulled from Cyrene's booty for use by the Blood Ravens... Though there is several 2handers in 40k that could be cool to use on assault classes.
  10. Orkus Pokus Trenchwar Arkhona Vanguard

Those aren't warhammer. Google a real life warhammer to see what I mean. Like a medieval warhammer.

They are indeed, hammers, but they aren't WARhammers. What I meant is that the irony is the whole warhammer universe doesn't actually properly depict what a warhammer is, hence the poor use of the name.

But yeah, I'd like a thunder hammer, lighting claws, and all those other goodies too, just not happening before launch because we have no animations for those.
    Romp likes this.