Background Image

It's getting quiet again...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrDooManiC, May 29, 2017.

1. One way or another, we direly need new content. Content everybody can use or fight against. Something that pulls in everyone once more and ignites the rush for battle again.

I know, there have been a lot of "Game will be ded soon!" threads, but we had F2P Launch incoming.
    Now the whole world who had at least eyes on this game have played it allready, there is no more "Joker" you can dish out.

If they don't do something soon(TM) it's looking grim.
    But not the Grimdark we are all here for, but Cancelation-grimdark :(
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  2. Atarius Atarius First Blood!

Did you really expect that the player numbers would increase steady just because EC went F2P?
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  3. Of course not. I expected it would bring a fresh wave of Players, who in turn bring a lot of money, money you could use to create content to hold the new players.

Well...

Did not work it seems...

4. Honestly? Everything in the game is mediocre or outright shit, as far as I experienced it. Graphics is very mediocre, yet the game demands a decent PC. Physics is retarded (flying tanks, grenades bouncing around at mach 2 occasionally). Sound effects, well, they are kinda good for the guns but for everything else they suck. Balancing is horrible. Veteran and elite classes are implemented in the most stupid way possible. There are only 3 types of vehicles (for fuck's sake). 80% of the unlockables are useless, because there's a very clearly defined meta. PvE is obviously just a placeholder, full of artificial difficulty, and in general it's just lame af. Overall, the game is supposed to be a release version made by a professional team, but it looks and feels more like the early beta of a half-assed mod.

Now, it's kinda free so I don't have a right to complain and there isn't another "Battlefield 40K" like game afaik, but there is no way I'm going to spend money on this, in the game's current state.
  5. I really regret funding them, paid 150€ back in the days when we were promised an open world 40K Game...
    But i think lesson is learned. Ruined all Early access titles from now on for me :(
    LOBOTRONUS and Daemonkz like this.
  6. TBH joke's on you, for falling for the early access meme. Back in the day we called that open beta, and it was free. And for that matter, "free" software that had certain content tied to payment, was called a "demo version".
  7. Redhatter Redhatter Arkhona Vanguard

Yeah I can't really be bothered to play anymore, I will probably just wait for Terminators to come out.
  8. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Bye, see you in a year or two!
    Xengard, Hashiit and Redhatter like this.
  9. Jeah, sure, because BE can make Terminators & Equivalents in 2 years when they need a close to 2 months to create reskinned, asset swapped elites... :D
  10. It's time like this I ask myself "Quake/Tribes/FPS of choice back in the late 90's /early 2000's didn't need content to keep players playing, what changed?"

I don't really have an answer but I, personal opinion anyway, believe it has to do with the gamers, not the games.

My 2 skulls.
    doobers likes this.