Background Image

Item Specifications

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slough_Monster, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Slough Monster Slough_Monster Arkhona Vanguard

Let me start with I love this game. But, the most frustrating part of the game for me, is lack of information in both, weapon descriptions, and the advancement tree. This is especially bad for melee weapons.

I would like to know for melee weapons:
    • Damage (shown)
    • Attack speed for light attacks (swings per second? per minute?)
    • Charge time for power attacks
    • Impact (There should a number showing this)
    • Durability
    • Penetration (shown)

Ranged weapons are mostly fine, except I would like charge times on charge weapons (lascannons, plasma rifles/pistols, etc.) and splash radius. I understand that plasma cannons and rifles depend on how long it was charged. Just show us the max and the min.

Grenades should show damage done, splash radius, and cook time.

The advancement tree should show:
    • Items stats (it does for the most part)
    • LP cost of item if it applies
    Finally, toughness is super vague. I saw the calculation (found here) and made my own excel sheet to calculate it vs most weapon tiers and toughness levels, but the game should show us damage mitigation vs at least weapons with 80 penetration (the baseline). This can be shown elsewhere in game, doesn't have to be attached to every item that gives toughness.

Also, I remember in alpha, storm bolters where too good and head shots were removed. Is this still true? Should I aim for body shots for more constant hits or head shots for faster TTK. Pretty sure you can get head shots now, but it would be nice to know for sure. Other that that, special rules for certain weapons should be shown in the description.

If I missed anything, please let me know, as I am sure this bothers many of you. (Maybe other threads about it?)

EDIT: I forgot to mention weapon mods. I would like to know specific values. Now I know, damage is 5% (due to the patch notes), but it should say this in game. It should also say how much penetration the pen mods add. Range weapons should say how much spread is decreased, clip size increased, etc. Descriptions should be very specific with what they actually do.
    Whitefang and Braken like this.
  2. Alexandrix Alexandrix Arkhona Vanguard

Agreed.
    Especially for rtc weapons that have built in mods.

On the headshot thing,i can only assume headshots have a damage modifier.i do know i've gotten bonus xp for headshot kills.
  3. " this is not planetside 2, we dont do weapon stats here. " nathan
    Galen and LucasDominus like this.
  4. Slough Monster Slough_Monster Arkhona Vanguard

I think RTC weapons should strictly be skins that can be modded like any normal weapon.

For headshots, yes, most weapons do headshots for 50% more damage I believe, but in alpha (are we out of alpha?) the stormbolter was changed such that it could not get head shots, as it was annihilating people. I was just asking if it was changed back.
  5. Alexandrix Alexandrix Arkhona Vanguard

On the rtc weapons,agreed,that would be the ideal solution.
  6. JohnnyWayne JohnnyWayne Active Member

That is so wrong and once the min max crowd hits this game (if it even gets that far) he will see what he gets from that attitude. Dead pugs and newbs that is.
  7. I don't know if it deals extra damage, but i've got headshot bonuses in my storm bolter.
  8. Synn Uocjat Preacher

it does
    try it out on the target dummies in the garrison and you'll see it easily think it's close to double damage or at least 150%
    LucasDominus likes this.
  9. Aaaaah, tru, i had forgotten about that.
  10. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Now now carefull with such comments!You may be branded as a mad hator/someone who wants the game to fail!