Background Image

Is there a chance of EC being cancelled in a near future?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LucasDominus, Nov 20, 2016.

1. So, one game I was liking a lot a few months ago was Nosgoth and after playing the game for a few good months it was suddenly announced as "cancelled because of lack of interest and growth" in April 8 and the servers were closed in May 31, EC is not even near perfect but I still like it quite a lot and would like to see it grow and thrive, but I can't ignore these numbers:

nosgoth vs EC.jpg

So I'd like to ask the Devs, since they've always been so open about the game's development and plans, for some reassurance, or at least information concerning the issue, because I'd really hate another of those unpleasant surprises.
    LOBOTRONUS, DiscoJacen and Plongo like this.
  2. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

I doubt it.... Well they would get a TON of shit for it.

I mean, if they did. They wouldn't have Terminator models in the works. They also would have to offer refunds, which would lose them money.
    LucasDominus likes this.
  3. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

To clarify, they wouldn't be polishing the game if they knew it was doomed.

For Example, Fire Dragons got a new model for their meltabombs, and it was fixed a day later. Reapers got new armour cosmetics as well.

The devs wouldn't be working this hard if they knew it was going to be pointless in 3 months time.

The only problem could be Bandai, but it would be bad for PR if they did.
    ProteusVM, Aislinn and LucasDominus like this.
  4. I see what you mean, but Nosgoth was still getting regularly patched and polished until March, with a new class, new items and new skill released in March 14, less than a month before the cancelling announcement.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  5. Arbitrary Dwarf ArbitraryDwarf Steam Early Access

Honestly, I think the devs would be last to know if they were about to pull the plug. They would not want it leaked to us so that people can carry on buying RTC until the last second. Bad PR for a playerbase with 400 max at peaktime is pretty irrelevant in the greater scheme of things.

Also, I fail to see why there would be refunds, unless someone bought the game, a week or so before closure, people have had their money's worth anyway. I mean, where do you draw the line? £50 is half a night out.
    duffmek and LucasDominus like this.
  6. You cant cancel a released game.

Ceasing development... that you can do.
  7. You can stop development and close the servers, Space Marine isn't "Cancelled" either, but is as dead as dead can be.
  8. Yes, that is what I said.

SM still has full matches, hell there are still clans that hold events.
    LucasDominus likes this.
  9. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Nosgoth was that arena vampires vs hunters game?

Well, it was F2P game, these kind of games require tremendous populations to prosper.

B2P games can operate on much lesser populations.
    LucasDominus likes this.
  10. Arbitrary Dwarf ArbitraryDwarf Steam Early Access

They can close the servers whenever they like, though they are unlikely to, given the ongoing legal case on EA's doorstep for closing a number of their EA sports servers. When that is resolved, a precedent will be set no doubt.

I honestly think, that in court they would win, given current player numbers. It would unreasonable to expect them to keep them open for a minority of players, who have all had their moneys worth anyway.
    LucasDominus likes this.