Background Image

Is the Boltgun Obsolete for Normal Tactical Loadouts?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by acepost, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Krayt Krayt Preacher

2. Krayt Krayt Preacher

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

more alpha damage, more dps , scope
    it just needs trigger discipline
  4. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

@Krayt
    I'd actually like to try a long barrel for one of my MoT loadouts just you know ...for a change ...I was thinking the way I position with that one is is usually at a higher vantage point on some maps .. or some other weird location for some crossfire action,
    So I'm usually not in range for CQC barrel.
    Usually just outside of range of the standard bolter max damage range.
    I'm using a 2x scope so I have access to scope reset.
    And the other barrels do spread increase per shot which s cool an all but I can scope reset the whole accuracy anyways, and the other just does recoil, which you can live without imo.

I been hoping for a MoT Req Bolter of sorts since a long time ago, but also gave up hope on that a long time ago :(
    Krayt likes this.
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

idk id still prefer cqc bolter unless playing a fortress map, usins cqc you dont lose dps compared to non barrel bolter until 21m , which is a lot since all important fights happen is close quarters , its a bit sad imo that chaos dont have stalker bolter even tho its an alpha legion weapon rofl
    Catnium likes this.
  6. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

A special bolter for Mark of tzeentch only.
  7. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

I don't mean recolors of normal bolters
    I mean purples dude .. with special powers like warp fire.

BTW lol on followers bolter + Shard of steel
    Krayt likes this.
  8. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Never noticed how some wargear/weapons have white text names and others have purple text names ?

It's a common thing in gaming. so remember this . you will see this back in many other games ..

Color of items determine the rarity.
    generally speaking the standard is pretty much:
    white-common
    green-Not so common
    blue- magical
    purple-Unique
    orange-Legendairy

Inferno Weapons
    are a type of ranged weapons used by the military forces in the service of the Chaos God Tzeentch,
    [​IMG]

A Rubric Marine of the Thousand Sons unleashing fire from an Inferno Bolter.

Inferno Weapons are a type of ranged weapons used by the military forces in the service of the Chaos God Tzeentch, especially the Heretic Astartes of the Thousand Sons Traitor Legion. The Sorcerersof the Thousand Sons and other Tzeentchian warbands imbue these weapons with the power of the Warp so that their ammunition can melt through flesh and even ceramite on impact, making them deadly against even foes outfitted in Power Armour.

Contents
    Inferno Bolt Pistol

The Inferno Bolt Pistol is a standard Bolt Pistol that has been imbued with the power of Tzeentch.

Inferno Bolter
    The Inferno Bolter is a standard Boltgun that has been imbued with the potent power of Tzeentch.

Inferno Combi-Bolter
    An Inferno Combi-Bolter are twin Bolters that have been configured to fire together and imbued with the power of Tzeentch. This weapon dates back to the time of the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy and predates the Storm Bolter design which replaced it.

Soulreaper Cannon
    The Soulreaper Cannon is a heavy, rotary assault ballistic weapon very similar to the standard Adeptus Astartes Assault Cannon that has been imbued with the sorcerous power of Tzeentch.
    Krayt likes this.
  9. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Wel if a Inferno Bolter would make it into EC it would have some special ability related to the special ammo it uses. Which would put it into the purple weapon category in EC.

It could be something completely different like just + 20 ARP .. but sure it could also be a fire dot.
    The lore says it's a magical bullet that is very good at punching through armor. it doesn't specify how it does this.
    It could be magical fire. magical warp hole jump . whatever you can imagine.. and it's probably all of those.

No I'm not making that up, this is copied directly from a lore website.
    Astartes is the official ingame name for space marines..
    Chaos space marines would therefore be called Heretic Astartes because their Heretic and Astartes.

It's not a color available on this forums collection of text colors.
    Those are text links .. you can click them to be redirected to a website containing more lore about the subject.
    Those where in the original text when I copied it.
  10. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member