Background Image

Is it wrong to milk a farm?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tocks, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Ryan Gosling RyanG Steam Early Access

I generally leave people downed in an attempt to attract their "helpful teammates," especially medics.

If they try to get back up, I put them back down and let them crawl. It also serves to get them trained so they bleed out off the bat whenever downed.

Why would I do this, you ask?
    Because sometimes I am the only competent player on the team. This isn't bragging, this isn't my head up my ass, this is the sad, sad truth. I don't consider myself very good to begin with and yet I find myself in this situation frequently. So I need to do everything in my power to make my job easier by keeping my teammates alive so that the overmatch is in my favor, and I do that by tormenting the enemy team until they behave how I want them to so they are easy to control.

Don't always win from this, I know my teamies are trying their best, but it does improve the odds when I'm turning downed players into traps.

Of course, the best defense is blowing up transports, but generally when you're geared for that the point gets captured by 2 people versus 6 of your teammates.
    It's better to just equip drum and pray they don't stack up the point you're currently defending, but at the same time hope they keep a level of commitment that makes it too hard for them to capture other points. This whole schtick is why elite classes are overrated. When you're a one man army you have to be able to redeploy on the spot.

Generally speaking once the cap gets started and you are on defense, if you have numbers disadvantage and they have transports up, you're never going to clear that point off by yourself.

so generally the meta revolves around delaying two captures until they need the third time wise and then buckling down on the third.
  2. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

Returned to forum in anticipation of twitch tomorrow.

Saw this thread.

I'll come back on the weekend :rolleyes: