Background Image

Is it worth it to make a Mark of Tzeentch Sorceror?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by acepost, Jun 10, 2018.

1. acepost acepost Active Member

Hi guys, I was wondering is it worth making MOT Sorceror? I like using MOS & MON sorcerer to help in hold the line Missions but not quite sure about MOT Sorceror.

I was thinking I use Tzeentch Healing power and Flickering Fire, but have not tested it yet.
  2. If I recall correctly, a sorcerer with MoT needs some skill to play or you'll TK the crap out of your bros ( FF ).

Also, armor bonus & regen are a must since the MoT gives you a hefty armor bonus and regen, but a -%15 hit to your health.

As per the feedback I received in a previous post of mine, it's a good mark for the traitor class.
  3. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

Adjusted the statement for you.
  4. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Its a good mark for the base traitor too

You can make a tzeentch sorcerer but its gonna bz less usefull than slaneesh equivalent , flikering fire is kinda bad and your heal requires you to be close to your friznds wich can get you some attention from the ennemy , its possible but not optimal
  5. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

MoT on ASP Sors is bad..
    You cant even use the 2 Tzeentch spells + wargear while wearing red or yellow armor.. and cant use the trinkets for armor regen and such unless you default to the base healing spell with no 2nd spell equipped.
    So you end up with an Asp sors with almost no armor .almost no HP,1 basic healing beam and ALL the ARMOR REGEN BONUSES IN THE GAIME!!:CSMWord:

You can barely fit it all on a Sorcerer ( which is the vet version with 400 more LP to spend)

MoT's (Asp) Sorcerer wargear and mark only spells are hugely overpriced for that they do..

As far as the vet clas goes its OK I guess.. but for normie Asp sorcerer's MoT kinda sucks..
    which might be lore correct .. if we was still playing 2nd ed table top >.<

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CzSaWDe3XA
  6. MoS or MoN is the go to for AS. Slaanesh if you wanna play a supportive role and Nurgle if you're looking to get aggressive. I wasn't too impressed with MoT sorcerer either.
  7. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Slaanesh for support and nurgle to be agressive ??? Wtf ? Its the opposite
  8. Hysterical Frenzy. Can heal from well behind the front lines. The Nurgle heal is AOE so you have to get amongst the fighting along with increased health and armour. Survivability increase seems logical to me that you'd play AS more aggressively as Nurgle.
  9. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

Yabut Slaanesh heal is gahhhbage. It's healing ability is so weak. It tries to do two things at once and is shitty at both. What they should do is rework it and remove the chain heal aspect and the Warp instability from it. Make it another direct beam heal and maybe increase the run speed of the person you are healing. It would be super cool if it increased melee swing speed of your target but that would only invite Fisters mains again.
  10. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

160T/150T Asp Sors kinda means you can go aggressive with out the risk of spontaneously exploding when someone looks at you funny.
    Combined with the ranged damage reduction from nurgle aoe heal you are more tanky than most of the non MoN CSM marines around you.