Background Image

Is it worth being a demon prince?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by nealbulldozer, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Sure you are immortal but there's so many set backs like being tired to the warp, which means you can only be in real space for a short amount of time.
  2. Ascendant Azathoth Well-Known Member

To be a Daemon Prince is to be made out of the Warp.

To be an entity of pure Chaos.

They say that when a Psyker gazes into the Warp, he does not see what the warp REALLY looks like, just the closest thing made up of his own thoughts and emotions.

To be a Daemon is to see the Warp for what it really is, not through the limited gaze of mortal eyes.

Being a Word Bearer, Daemonhood is equal to not only immortality and god powers, but also spiritual enlightenment.
  3. Updayedd Updayedd Steam Early Access

Depends on what you long for in life I guess, most Chaos followers long for more power so becomming a Demon Prince is a pretty sweet thing in that regard. And let's be real, the life of almost everyone in the 40k Universe is pretty shitty, I'd rather be a big ass Demon Prince chilling in the Eye of Terror on my own planet with my Chaos Crew than some poor ass human, eldar, orc, necron, or tau that are dying by the millions every second.
  4. Shiani Brujah Preacher

To be fair, we did all our dying by the millions ages ago. We only die by the thousands now. Possibly if you were to average it out it would still work out as by the millions now.
  5. Whackjood Whackjood Steam Early Access

To be a Daemon Prince is to transcend mortality and become an all powerful being of the warp. Which to many people in the 41st millenia is worth the disadvantages.

But you need to remember, they are given their powers by a patron God. They are expected to carry out their Gods will, in an eternity of loyal servitude. Even the Princes notorious enough to get their own world in the Eye of Terror to rule over are expected to war with rival Gods servants for resources and followers and do everything in their power to further the aims of their deity.

As far as I know, there are no examples of what happens if a Daemon Prince disobeys their patron God, but I imagine it's unpleasant, to say the least. Immortality and power are double edged swords indeed.
  6. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Skarbrand_the_Exiled_One This is what happens to greater deamons if they betray their masters .
  7. Daemonkin Daemonkin Active Member

I would say its not worth it, the continual cost associated with appeasement of those who you would have drawn the attention of coupled with the endless game. Then there is the problem of being tied to the warp itself without the warps presence or similar intervention you are unlikely to be doing much fighting in real-space.

Much rather go with self infection of obliterator virus after obtaining some nice equipment to merge with.
  8. Yes. Totally.
  9. Tallar Tallar Arkhona Vanguard

Oh they have flexitime and the retirement arrangement is pretty good, so yeah.
    Not to mention they have a pretty good health insurance :) And after a long month of work you can get vacations up to 1000 years!
    ArtemK likes this.
  10. Very few even get close to the chance, and even fewer survive achieving that goal. You become equal parts of the Warp and physical universe, and while you can enter the Warp and fully devote yourself to the Great Game of Daemons and Gods, you are only a big fish in an ocean of sharks. I recommend maintaining your presence in the material realm as long as possible. You have an opportunity that most Daemons would envy. You are immeasurable powerful, but not invincible. No matter how god like you think yourself, you are not a god. But you can be content knowing their are few beings in existence capable of challenging you, let alone hurting you. The question lies in what do next? You are effectively immortal, but what are you going to do with all your time? Wage war? Study? Establish cults? Your purpose as a Chaos Space Marine was to become a Daemon Prince, now that you are no longer human in any regard, you must make a purpose for yourself, or be doomed.