Background Image

Is Eternal Crusade Profitable Game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duximus, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Duximus Duximus Steam Early Access

I wonder how bE making money out of this game. since it turned f2p, there are litereally no way to make money out of it.
    Firskon, LOBOTRONUS and omarx like this.
  2. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

the answer is no
  3. Duximus Duximus Steam Early Access

Ok cool
    Firskon, LOBOTRONUS and omarx like this.
  4. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Well, people do get imperial edition during sales.

How do I know?

I got review of it with my referral code and numbers spike every time there is a sale.

Other then that, as someone who worked at game publisher as well, I'll say this:

If there is no content, there is no profit and since bE suits pulled off all meaningful developer resources, that would be the answer for you.

EC was already extremely high risk product from the ..... I can't even type it, but you know what server tech flop I'm talking about, too much time and money was wasted due to that and many companies would just close the product and locate the remaining founds elsewhere.

EC is not profitable, never will be with pretty much maintenance crew working on it, we're lucky we even have the game to play, regardless of its quality and profitability.
    duffmek and omarx like this.
  5. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

true

the other things to consider are this ..

what ways can EC make money?
    1. game sales
    2. RTC sales
    now since EC went F2P (with a limited access version ... no jump units etc) they pretty much killed off their game sales revenue, studies show that the vast majority of F2P players never invest in the games they play (something like 2.2% of them actually open a wallet at some point)

as for RTC sales, EC's campaign reward system means you can earn RTC at a reasonable rate just by playing the game, again meaning that unless you suffer from severe impatiance or item envy you'll never have to hand over actual cash to eventually get what you want
    Sily and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  6. Smorcest Elector Eternal Battles Moderator

I think this could easily be solved by adding more items and cosmetics to the store, currently we have an overflow of RTC income but nowhere to spend it. This leads to most veterans sleeping on mountains of RTC waiting for something, anything interesting to happen.
    Sily, Oliverius, Xeltan and 1 other person like this.
  7. Well that's the problem, they can't do that because they don't have a art team anymore.
    Sily and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  8. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

yeah its a catch-22 situation,

no new revenue = no new development
    no new development = no new revenue

the sad thing is the one who has to give in order for this stalemate to break is bE ... punters wont hand over the cash without items to buy with it, and bE is reluctant to spend the cash to make the items
    Sily likes this.
  9. LucianNostra Well-Known Member

The F2P move wasn't the mistake but the free RTC was the overall mistake they made, cosmetics don't come out at a rate quick enough to make it worth buying RTC. Well and so many are just pretty bleh looking and passable
    Sily and duffmek like this.
  10. I just hope there is a plan, It would really sadden me if this game got canned.