Background Image

Is Ec Still Only Pc Confirmed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DropSiteMassacre, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Just wondering, as there's a lot of 40k fans who own consoles.
  2. Akragth Akragth Well-Known Member

Yes there are. It's not that simple though.

It's still PC only, as far as we know.
    Grigdusher likes this.
  3. More so, it looks like the Dev's are after financial support to get this game over the line. If they confirmed it was coming to consoles. Surely there's money to be had there? I know i'd pony up. So would my mates.
  4. Akragth Akragth Well-Known Member

They said if they were to put it on multiple platforms, they'd want it to run through on server and have all players in the same place, rather than dividing the community. The problem is, it's extremely hard to get the console manufacturers to play ball with each other. Further to that, developing it for all three consoles would be a lot more costly than just developing for the PC. I know ESO just did it, but their budget was massive and it was developed by a pretty big company.
  5. GrimHasH New Member

its confirmed on the PC, PS4, and Xbox One. If you go to the "game is announced" on the eternal crusade home page it states there its for all three
  6. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

^this is all about Sony and microsoft
  7. Akragth Akragth Well-Known Member

The only platform it's 100% certain EC will be on is PC. Afaik they're licenced to release on all three, and were trying to negotiate with MS and Sony, but hadn't got them to agree to letting it all be cross platform. So at the minute the PC version is definite, the other two versions are a little in the air.

What?
  8. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

only if Microsoft and Sony agree with the EC idea of a unique server the game will come for console
  9. Akragth Akragth Well-Known Member

I know. That's why I said that. Why quote me, then say the same thing I did?
  10. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

because you quotet me with "what?" so i explained the meaning of "it's all about microsoft and Sony"