Background Image

Is anyone out there anymore??

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Sneaky-krumpin, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Mileena Mileena Subordinate

Still no Eldar campaign. Ain't coming fully back without the Eldar campaign.
  2. HELLO! IS ANYONE THERE?
  3. As a founder, I can still say I'm here. However, I have not joined a guild in the two and some years I've played this game and don't plan to. I have nothing against guildies, but being tied down isn't exactly my style. Also it's a treat when you can say that a group of Eldar PUGs beat an opposing guild handily(happened on more than one occasion). personally I tend to be a pretty communicative and hopefully leader-like person, so I think it's safe to say that it doesn't take a guild to get things done. I guess that's really what my main reservations are about: proving that randoms can be just as good of players and people as a guilder.
  4. Safreadis Safreadis Arkhona Vanguard

I think I'm still somewhat alive and existing... But, y'a know... It ain't easy to survive for the pointy hear people...
  5. Took a break, playing real games with dev's who care for it.
    The longer i play those games, the harder to come back to EC.
  6. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

I'm in a similar boat although replace devs with modders

I'm currently addicted to Mount and Blade Warband Warhammer Fantasy Battle Warsword, my goodness is it beautiful in all the right ways in it's outdated glory:D
  7. Lady Gaga Niksu Recruit

I'm playing BF4 and loving it, if only they had a 40k skin pack for it! Will start playing again if EC gets updated but prob not as much as I use to unless we get some new maps or something.
  8. Zaxie Zaxie Arkhona Vanguard

All guild members start off as randoms. We never say they're not good, competent, skilled, nice people, ect, just that the guild offers a bit more coordination and friendliness.
  9. I'm not saying that all guild members are pretentious, I'm just saying I've observed an "play in a guild or play with bad people" attitude. Again, I'm not saying you're like that or even most people are like that; there was, however, a time soon after guilds first became an in game feature, that if you weren't in one you were a bad player. obviously that isn't true, but I can recall some really fucked up things that were said about and to PUGs. I actually remember a match with a few TSD(The Shimmering Dawn) players who absolutely would not stop flaming ever other team member in chat because "You're not as good as my guild". I was actually teamkilled quite a few times by them, so I guess that cinches the case on their character.

In any case, I guess I just don't like the idea of just communicating with half the team, leaving the randoms in the dark about what's going on. I would rather just give them a heads up as to what's going on, then let them take care of things themselves. Most people can make good enough judgements to win games, I generally only tell people what to do if the game is really going sideways.
  10. Zaxie Zaxie Arkhona Vanguard

Perfectly understandable. I could image that any experience like that would leave a sour taste in the mouth. IDK, I've been playing since release and haven't really seen much of that, at least with team mates in a match. After the game I've seen some pretty toxic talk and general ass-hattery from LSM guilds, (cant remember the tag from yesterday but oh well) but that is about it.

I got you there. Anyone, regardless of how they play should be openly communicating and informing the rest of the team of whats going on. You are right, most do make good enough judgements. Though personally whenever I see a FD go out on a siege map while defending I want to rip their head off, but just takes a breather and a little faith in Kaine that they'll get the job done and hopefully survive the run back.
    infiniteneen likes this.