Background Image

Introducing... me!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Naraku, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Naraku Naraku Steam Early Access

Greetings one and all! Honestly, I find it difficult to introduce myself, it feels rather strange in doing so. I've been a modest fan of Warhammer 40k for some time, though there is plenty of lore for me to explore yet, I like to think I know the foundations of it.

I've watched Eternal Crusade's progress since early Alpha, however I myself am not a backer. A bit before Eternal Crusade, I actually underwent a change, and learned to restrain my money, since I had some bad experiences in the past. I'm not going to lie, I wasn't expecting much... but then, as of three days ago, I saw that it was -free to play-. I hadn't checked in on it since a year or two ago, so I quirked a brow curiously, and decided to give it a go. I'm an open minded person, I knew of the promises made, which unfortunately couldn't be kept. But I also understood that no matter what it could have been, that doesn't mean it can't be a good game none the less.

After trying it out, playing it a fair amount, I've finally come to the conclusion it is a solid game. I played also a fair amount of Space Marine 40k, and absolutely loved it, if it wasn't for some... unfortunate issues, why, I'd probably still be playing it! This game, I've found, fits the bill to satisfy that hole which was ripped from me ever since the dreadful day I uninstalled Space Marine.

Admittedly, it's been difficult to adapt. I knew there would be more then likely a solid group of people who have been playing for awhile, and was as expected, destroyed for over ten games in a row by Chaos. Not only were we getting annihilated, losing match after match, a slaughterhouse for Khorne's entertainment... (and probably Slaanesh considering the t-bagging) but often I felt as if I was helpless. A horrible, hopeless feeling.

I'm not so easily defeated however, and went to bed, and the next day playing again. I love both the lore, and the looks of the Blood Angels, so I've been living it up! It's a pleasure to meet you all, hope you don't mind the story!
  2. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Naraku likes this.
  3. DavyBoy CuCulainn Curator

Welcome Brother @Naraku and see you on the battlefield :)
    Naraku likes this.
  4. Naraku Naraku Steam Early Access

Thank you @CuCulainn and you too @Catnium I assume such noises are of greetings as well! Either way, thank you for taking your own precious time and coming here. A pleasure to meet the both of you.
    Catnium and CuCulainn like this.
  5. High Adept Zeth High_Adept_Zeth Arkhona Vanguard

Welcome finally to the Forum!

I am glad you enjoyed the game. Much like yourself I have enjoyed Space Marine very much and I find that EC fills in that multiplayer craving quite nicely.

I wish you fortune in the battles to come, son of the Ninth Legion!
    Naraku likes this.
  6. -WCA-Vola Talron Moderator

Hey welcome welcome! Good to have you in here with us!