Background Image

Inspired by the glittery eldar

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by The-Forge-Dragon, May 18, 2017.

1. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

So basically unless Horde Mode gets infinite boxes, LSM will be zogged.

Lets see how the weakest faction can be made even weaker.

-Give Orks Stalker, Give Chaos Stalker and shields but don't give LSM good plasma cannons or autocannons.
    -Make LSM spawn time double that of other races.
    -Make Fire Dragon immune to vehicle Storm Bolters.
    -Make every point capped by Space Marines uncap every 2 minutes.
    -Double the Requistion cost on LSM weapons.
    -Double Eldar tank health, and give Fire Dragon 10 more melta bombs.
    -Make the Napalm Kannon burn vehicles but Plasma cannon don't.
    -Double LSM hitbox, halve Eldar ones.
    -Just for the cherry on top of the cake, give Legionary to CSM and Possessed to LSM. I mean... they are Legion right?:CSMIron:
    0strum likes this.
  2. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

No more than currently. Might even make the Abiding Beacon worth taking.

We have some of the best equipment in EC, we just have some of the worst players too.
  3. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Yes, but you're punishing the apothecary for something he can't change is what I'm saying. rambothecary should be a viable build so long as he avoids any sort of support upgrade. I hope you're also taking into account those who don't play the apothecary as just a healbot, but a front line paramedic. His lack of armor already limits his rambo abilities so removing a magazine for something he can't change seems excessive.

Still don't think i'd mind -2 mags for upgraded vials.
  4. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

I never understood why the developers decided to make the beacons/medicae grenades/dok bombs the item with unlimited uses and a cooldown and left the vials as finite consumables. They should have done the opposite:

Give the (basic) vial unlimited uses without cooldown and without lingering hot, make all better vials consumables which have to be resupplied and certainly keep the beacons/medicae grenades/dokbombs as consumables subject to resupplying. The Apothecary and the Painboy are designated healers, so they should at least have the ability to maintain a viable minimal healing capacity even when they are out of supplies (with the basic vials, not the better ones), just as the Sorcerers and Warlocks can continue healing without ever resupplying. Putting the beacons/medicae grenades/dok bombs back into the category of finite consumables would go a long way to solve perceived balance issues.

That being said, I guess I can live with the Apothecary getting an unmoddable boltgun as long as its base stats remain identical to those of the tactical's standard boltgun. Also, for the love of the Emperor, allow Apothecaries to forgo any primary weapon so that they have the option to focus on a tanky healer build by sacrificing offensive power. The primary weapon currently makes this impossible.
    XavierLight likes this.
  5. Kemsa Kemsa Steam Early Access

my opinion on this is "this is the problem when you start nerfing things in the first month of realese, off course wolf priest will use the bolter because the crozius elemental damage was nerfed" thats why its sometimes better balance all the game arround together rather than nerfing small things. Like for example Servo Skull its really tankier but also this gadget was the reason bE never buffed the bolter damage because they already know shit was going to be crazy in damage thanks to servo skull or maybe other gadget at that time.

Thats why i approve the collection of buff/nerf that people are doing so for me:
    -Servo Skull excesive HP should be tone down
    -Masteries of weapons types in Aphotecary and better damage for the Wolf Priest (wait what? YES) there should be something that compensates the removal or the low efficiency of the bolter on this classes, that you guys are asking.
    -Rework for the Veteran Halos and other factions equivalents (i will always say that Vet Halos should give aura buffs not because of lore and blah blah i know, its because if i see a fucking vet using a glowing golden halo i know i should be sticking with him).

pdedit: Stalker bolter for me its a decent weapon that is bad when you start downing people and arround them there are like 3 warloks/sorcerers fu**ing agnatio downing 6 eldars all revived thanks to warloks so yeah idk, sometimes i oneshot, sometimes i headshots, sometimes i dont do nearly 1/3 of damage to people, its bizarre.
    The-Forge-Dragon likes this.
  6. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

Stalker bolter needs more damage on the long range section but less on closer section aka the oppostie of the current. Thin 75 within 30 m and then 100+ after 30 m
    Servo skull needs to have its hp reduced massviely because atm they exmplify the my shiled is my face meme
    Since people are so obsessed with removing bolter apo then fine remove the bolter BUT have the vets be able to equip bolter so that ves are actuly a legit choice.
    I am fine with beacon losing ability to rez people BUT it needs to cover a wider range.
    Problem is people only want strait up nerfs instead of tweeks.
    ArchKnightHough likes this.
  7. CMDante CMDante Arkhona Vanguard

Servo skull health should be lowered a bit.

Apothecaries and their bolters should be left well and truly the fuck alone.
    ArchKnightHough likes this.
  8. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

We gota make it our version of the FD and metla bomb bundle for eldar mate may be only then when all apo posts about bolter get locked will people leave it the f alone and focuse on buffing the other factions.
  9. CMDante CMDante Arkhona Vanguard

It's so annoying when all these dipshits are baying for its removal as though it had personally slapped their mother when really it's the only thing that makes an apothecary half-decent though.

One gets tired of children screaming for nerfs instead of asking how to make other options more interesting.
  10. Fangz Fangz Menial

These are all good and fair suggestions actually.