Background Image

Inspired by the glittery eldar

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by The-Forge-Dragon, May 18, 2017.

1. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Shouldn't you penalize the apothecary for choosing lethality over support? Removing one mag off the bat gimps them for something they can't change.
  2. Drakkoth Krypto Arkhona Vanguard

So to expand on my thoughts, cooldown doesnt start until either the beacon is picked up or is destroyed, everytime the cd starts it costs a narth vial.
    The beacon should have a timer on it. So if you pick it up at 50% the cd start at 50%.

So the really good apoths might actually have to resupply for narth vials instead of only for ammo.
  3. Tior Elsworth Tior Steam Early Access

I was thinking of penalizing the ranged lethality whenever an apoth chooses to bring a bolter, that bolter gets gimped. Which would limit the amount of participation in sustained ranged combat that a apothecary can provide. Equipping more/better "support" items would eat up space that the ammo would and the bolter (IMHO) would be used sparingly. Limit the amount of time an apoth can go Rambothecary lol. When the apoth starts firing too means that shiz has hit the fan to require him to fire too.

Basically apoths get a ranged equipment penalty.

Cooldown wont start till it is picked up (5sec), and when it is destroyed the beacon becomes undeployable wherein the apoth should go for a re-supply is the way I'd go with it.
  4. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

I was wondering when this thread for LSM was gonna pop up.Orks and chaos had one before there campaign.We all know LSM wont get nerfed though and frankly they don't need it.

Just servo skulls being made of terminator armour for me but only because its stupid.I'm not a fan of nerfing things so Apoc can stay as is but painboy needs to not be a worse version of it in every single way.
  5. Raptorian Recruit

Putting silly restrictions and nerfs on the bolter doesn't do anything; the other support options are still bad and will remain bad after any potential nerf.

We could start at looking at reasons to have the Wolf Priest carry his bling stick into battle. Something akin to the inspiration mechanic from DOW (on hit and/or kill, nearby units deal more damage/ take less damage) or subtle stat boosts (+25 armour, +10 toughness etc) while wielding it to give us something to work with.

It's also about time the Sanguinary Priest had something too, again potentially tied to a primary melee weapon config, that set the class from normal apothecaries. Else it's just one more icon you have to learn. Pointless wolf heads 1-5 are bad enough. afaik he has no unique gear in game so I've no particular ideas for him.

As for standard chainsword apothecary, we could use the above idea of making the beacons on a much longer timer and/or something you need to recover and combining it with a "onhit, +beaconchargerate" rule where smacking xenos in the face in general, regardless of the flavour of marine, will partially fill up the bar. Something in the region of 6 hits (execute counts as 3 hits) would fill the bar. This would be something the bolter could not do and could be desirable within the confines of certain prefabs, or you'd have to risk going in with the narc, ideally in a melee system that's not awful.
    Tior likes this.
  6. Tior Elsworth Tior Steam Early Access

This I like. Wolf Priests equipped with their Fang of Morkai have increased defenses while granting a portion to nearby wolves. (EG +30 armor +20 toughness : +15 armor +10 toughness to nearby Space Wolves 10m away in line of sight). Would encourage aggression in fellow wolves due to increased toughness.
  7. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

1) Bring Servo Skull health in-line with Beacon and Dok Bomb health. All deployable items should have equal health. Add an ammo limit in place of cooldown, so they need to be restocked.

2) Limit the mods the Apothecary can take for the Bolter. Leave ranged Apothecary viable, but make is inferior to the Tactical. Remove access to Sternguard Bolter if necessary.

3) Fix the reserve ammo on Sternguard Bolter to be in-line with drum mag.

4) I like the earlier idea regarding the Stalker. Make the damage around the same as the regular Bolter but amp up the headshot multiplier to promote going for the face.

5) Return to the old Beacon ammo count. 3 Beacons and then have to resupply. Use them tactically, not hand them out like candy and wait for the cooldown.

6) Remove Bolter from Wolf Priest. Reduce Crozius cost to match Maul Mastery.
    Tior likes this.
  8. Kageshira Kageshira Active Member

Stalker being OP has to be a meme, every one I ask that used it says it's shit to meh at long distance and only good with servitor if you use it as a short distance shotgun and that requires skill. My experience and those I know tells me that you need 3+ headshots to kill anything.
    Russo10, Tior and ArchKnightHough like this.
  9. ArchKnightHough ArchKnightHough Steam Early Access

That it how it works for ME. That is why when I use my Stalker loadout I primarily attempt to dislodge heavies and take pot shots. Because I NEVER will get a one shot kill, and that second isn't accurate for balls.

But I have been smoked while playing chaos by Stalkers that seem to be rapid fire dead on target. o_O just kinda nuts if you ask me.
    Kemsa likes this.
  10. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

I don't use that weapon myself because I can't stand scopes in this game, but I can tell you this, it is absolutely devastating against Eldar. I can't even remember when my Chaos and Ork characters were last killed by a Stalker, but loyalists seem to be making very liberal use of it against Eldar. Not quite in the ballpark of the Kannon during the Ork campaign, but still very noticeable.
    ArchKnightHough likes this.