Background Image

Ingame Hud

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by ToMorOaY-Nidon, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Nicolas Brunoni NicolasBrunoni Lead UI/UX Designer

Indeed, I was the Lead UI Designer on The Secret World @ Funcom - thanks for loving its UI (it was a team effort, so I will share your kind words to all UI team members). That experience thought me a lot and I am very happy to be on Eternal Crusade from the start - that way I'll make sure to replicate what was done right and to correct mistakes. In the end though, EC is a different type of game, with a different style - you'll see, its UI will be fitting the Warhammer 40K universe perfectly!
  2. Gotrek40k Gotrek40k Prefectus

He will be grim, dark and there will be only war on then right? hahaha :rolleyes:
  3. GroBoiD GroBoiD Subordinate

Closer to Metro: LL, will be damn good i think.
  4. Buhh454 Member

1. Customizable
    2. Customizable
    3.Customizable

Customizable = problem solved
    Revenlear likes this.
  5. Commissar J. Fuklaw New Member

Customizable would be worthy of the Emperor

At least UI scaling to avoid Blam'in
  6. Thank you in advance for a customizable UI, or ability to customize it through mods. Some people prefer it minimalistic, others big and detailed. I prefer a mix of both.
  7. Nicolas Brunoni NicolasBrunoni Lead UI/UX Designer

Customization? Yes! To what extent? This will need to be defined as we go along. Scaling of HUD elements for sure, probably with some layout options/adjustments (Oh! Also turning individual elements On and Off). We want to provide players with ways to display what is necessary for them based on their role on the battlefield. You know, it often doesn't take that many customization options to fit most needs.
  8. Nicolas Brunoni NicolasBrunoni Lead UI/UX Designer

Mods? Oohhh that's a hot topic! We still don't know if we will support them at launch put personally, I wouldn't want to support them without a proper Mod Manager already in place and some good tools for the community to share/rate them.
  9. Azurose Azurose Member

Orkz hud will be the red they see when they go into a blood lust! :D
  10. Azurose Azurose Member

Ever see ff14's hud when you were in a raid or group all you had to see through was a 4x4 in the center.