Background Image

In numbers, what are the effects of each Warlock power? Embolden, Enhance, Protect, Force?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Auzor, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Auzor Auzor Menial

Do people know the precise effects of the warlock powers? Could precise descriptions perhaps be 'stickied', along with other things of explanation not found in-game?
    The Toughness -> Damage resistance formula perhaps, etc.

Enhance: improved protection and ranged damage for a time:
    as I understand, the protection too is vs ranged dmg only.
    How much protection %, how much damage %, how long does it last (40s like a -30% dmg Apothecary vial?), how much charge does it cost?

Embolden: the AoE heal: does this 'attach' to the ground, or to players that were within range?
    How long does it last for? How much power?

Force: affects the warlocks sword. By how much?
    Is it indeed 45s of duration? I saw it causes AP to go from 100-->120. But what does it do damage-wise?

And then: Protect:
    At first, seems brilliant, until .. it is a channel, AoE centered on yourself, with no healing.
    How much protection does it give, and how does it stack with enhance, pretty please..

Destructor would also be nice to know..
  2. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

I only know that enhance is a 20% damage resist and a 20% hitscan range damage boost(so weapons that use shurikens or lasers like the hawk or Avenger not fusion guns or tempest launchers)

It should last around 60 seconds and has a warp cost of 50
    Auzor likes this.
  3. Yvelfir Yvelfir Arkhona Vanguard

Enhance: 20% ranged damage increase and 20% damage reduction. Costs 50 charge and lasts around 40 seconds.

Embolden: Affects targets within range when used, stays on the target after it's applied. Costs 30 charge and lasts roughly 8 seconds.

Protect: Gives 66% damage reduction to the caster and 50% to allies within the radius. Lasts as long as you have charge to fuel it and most likely it stacks multiplicative with Enhance, as additive would be too much.

Force: Unsure of how much of a damage increase it is, haven't used it enough but it might be around 20% more damage. Lasts 45-60 seconds and costs 50 charge.

Destructor: I believe it's 15 damage per tick, 30 for headshots. Don't know about how much charge is consumed per tick and how long you can channel before running out.
    Auzor likes this.
  4. Auzor Auzor Menial

Thank you so much for that.
    Sticky for those types of info would be nice imo.

20% damage reduction: mkay.
    20% ranged damage increase in addition to that: holy shit...
    Can definitely see why so many warlocks run around with that.
    I figured it would be more on the 'protection' buff side of things, with a damage output buff similar to the squad banners..

Embolden being 'only' 8 seconds is a bit of a dissapointment; I'd have hoped to HoT people up.
    Of course, EC isn't a real 'RPG', still feels strange to have 'protect' as an AoE channel, Enhance with 40s duration and embolden only 8s.

Destructor: 15 dmg per tick: man..
    a shuricen pistol is 50 LP points, and doesn't cost a healing power slot.
    Pity, would have loved to go and play Palpatine-wannabe.

Originally, I actually felt Apothecary > Sorc > Warlock, because of the bolter, and then the powers.
    The warlock is however pretty fun to play because of the sheer speed. And your power combos aren't limited by god-marks (pfew!!)
    I don't even use 'Jinx' or the pistol tbh.
    And the sword is 'good enough'..
    force would be nice and I was considering it, but I'll be slotting in 'enhance' in my standard loadout for sure with the normal heal for now, see what that gives in 'buff xp'.
  5. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Embolden and Enhance really are your core skills.
    A Warlock with Enhance and Embolden usually is the primary reason why a tough fight can be won, although Renewer can work just as well.
    Force is something worth cosidering if you dont really want to play support, but self-healing melee, it can be quite effective.
    Protect is either for when you really know, why you use it, or for an alternative loadout if many Warlocks are already running around and everyone is Enhanced.

Detructor...to be honest if I see a Destlock on my team, I already know, I cant count on them. As if the spell wasnt weak enough, half the time they fry the only targets that might actually feel the damage: their own team.

Apothecaries are the strongest supports, but Warlocks have a somewhat unique role:
    Eldar Ranged without Warlock are underwhelming, with Warlock, they are a force to be reckoned with.
    We need the Enhance buff to be any good, but if we got it...

Also, about dem Buff-exp (Short match):
    20170615232836_1.jpg
  6. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

I believe in that in telling them, individuals would complain about what we have and get them nerfed - again.

The list of buffs interacting with each other so far is incomplete, though it is a good start. But as always, they don't stand alone, you need a competent team working together to push these effects into what they're meant to do.

For example Force stacks with the Howl of a Banshee, granting 25% extra damage on top of Force. There's a lot more here, but that requires players working together.
  7. Oldmannings Recruit

If you want to be a team player, don't play banshee or scorpion in the first place. Eldar melee is a huge waste of player spots for the faction given how important massed fire is for success in engagements.
  8. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

Eldar melee has its place in the game for sure. It is surprisingly effective.
  9. Fangz Fangz Confessor

In fact I find Eldar melee the most effective of all races.
    It just responds so nicely.
    SM's are surly good, but just Eldar's just responds the best.

Orks.... RIP.
  10. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

The best...maybe in terms of killing potential.
    However by far the easiest is the shieldbro, I actually couldnt believe how convenient it was when I first tried it after learning melee on a Banshee.
    And as the most powerful, most cheesy melee class reigns supreme the NCS-Raptor. I dont think any other class can do as much damage in melee, in terms of not only kills, but also demoralization by confusion, panic and frustration. All of it with the relatively low skill floor of spamming quick-attack and proper Jetpack-use.