Background Image

In Development: Scream While Dying (TM) - Updated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oveur, Nov 30, 2017.

?

But Angron can be nice?

1. No.

2. Seriously. No.

3. No. You are totally getting banned for not following the rules.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

when a game requires a complete overhaul mod to be balanced for PvP (ACE) then you know it's a good shooter.
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Interesting coincidence.
    Yesterday I thought you were the guy for stats and math, based on your latest comments you must be the guy for feelings and anecdotes.

You are correct tho in that I screwed up.
    1-2 comments to get you guys thinking, then stop, wait and watch.
    Writing more only triggered the backfire-effect and pushed you further away from me.
    We are now at the point where facts don't matter, you will oppose me for the sake of opposing me, so there isn't really a use in continuing this.

@DemonKingBAAL +others: you guys are delusional.
    I got my own share of problems with many, modern games, but they are not easier or less competitive than they used to be.
    If anything, the audience has expanded to include more casual players, but the former, competitive players haven't gone anywhere.
    This is just nostalgia and a simple deformation-bias or memory-bias.
    But hey: You might actually be the first generation to talk this way about video-games, so congratulations on that.
    You wont be the last...
    https://xkcd.com/1227/
  3. Leroy Twizzlers DemonKingBAAL Steam Early Access

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. Keep thinking PUBG/Fortnite/Overwatch are equal in skill to Quake/Unreal Tournament/Counter Strike then. See how far in skill that way of thinking takes you in gaming. I'm done here to prevent further thread derailing. Enjoy your casual game Rheeva :).
    Atsidas likes this.
  4. Krayt Krayt Preacher

@Nudu Shroud a former CSGO pro goes to Pubg and becomes the best pubg player in the world in less than a month ... wow pubg must be soooo difficult :rolleyes:
  5. Nudu Nudu First Blood!

I'm not sure if I understand your point. Also does it have something to do with the quote?
  6. Krayt Krayt Preacher

no it was just to send it to leroy
  7. Slough Monster Slough_Monster Arkhona Vanguard

All this talk of skilled games with videos and no one mentions Tribes. Any of them.

I am disappoint.
  8. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

i'm sorry i was really bad at tribes
    plz forgive me slough
    here is an offering

Slough_Monster likes this.
  9. Delgear Steam Early Access

I mention tribes all the time, its one of the inspirations for the spreadsheet rundown i made.
    Tribes was a great game.
    Atsidas and Seraphel like this.
  10. Delgear Steam Early Access

While i don't always agree with your methods lady i do agree with your goal.

I feel the same pain every time i try to help.

For some reason people who get lots kills are absolutely sure that's the same exact skill required to make a game successful, and appeal to people not like them to keep it alive.

League just went through a similar problem at the start of this season, they made the game simpler, but more twitch reactive. they upped the damage and shortened ttl by a lot. it pretty much removed piles and piles of counter play.

league had been growing by 40% since its inception every year ... this years growth 7% ... top tier competitively not alot changed ... the pros still essentially had great combos and abilities everything that was possible in this new meta was still possible in older slower meta it just required more coordination and effort. League has reported that statistically they have the highest number of complaints and balance posts percentage wise ... as not just a higher number , but also a much higher percentage of the fans are experiencing anger//frustration with the game.

you know what league did ... they followed their esports players advice .... and its slowly chipping away at their success.

For some reason pro players or really good players have this problem where they forget that non pro players are part of the equation keeping their game alive for them to play and actually a MUCH LARGER portion than they do .....

and yes Rheeva is 100% correct if you make the skill ceiling higher, as Rheeva described it IT WILL make it harder for a single player to carry, if say for instance there was enough recoil on the bolter you had to reaim after letting of the trigger to finish the kill no matter where your first shot started .... that would ALWAYS provide an opportunity for the victim to attempt real counter play even if they are bad. and at the competitive level not much would change .... both players would be aware of that hangup, and would account for it accordingly. Or damage was easier to accrue and harder to get rid of, so that chaining kills would be harder.

EC's "normy play" IS the problem .....When the normies cant have fun they leave, when they leave the game goes bankrupt, when the game goes bankrupt you cant play it anymore (for a server side run game).

So you can deride Rheeva all you want if you know anything about game development, sales, and retention. then you know all you people throwing stones from your glass houses at Rheeva don't get it or you don't care if EC succeeds and in either case that type of input is unneeded and unwanted.

If you can't separate your "but im the best" bias, and also speak for people not in your little ego centrist club you are only hurting yourself and the game.
    ruititadiogo, data_angel and Arafael like this.