Background Image

In Development: Arkhona Timeline Reset, writing for EC, while preparing the future

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oveur, Nov 30, 2017.

?

So I can write about squads?

1. No.

2. No, just no.

3. You are one sick puppy. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. First off the Astartes do understand there is such a thing as "Operational Control" and "Theater Command." The PLAYERS DON'T, but actual Astartes would. Second, That's why we'd use EC's existing art assets to have orders come down from multiple faction reps. It doesn't make sense to hear an Iron Warriors rep talk about setting up ritual stones any more than it makes sense for a Word Bearer to discuss how they need you to go assault X number of fortress maps, so have a number of Faction reps handle various aspects of their faction's 'culture.'
  2. Even back as far as Miguel, the understanding was Arkhona was as canon as the games at your local game shop. If we're gonna try for narrative consistency, though, then lets do that.
  3. Hunter Tarrus TARINunit9 Well-Known Member

Again, it's not hard to find a lot of lore suggesting the chances of Theater Command actually being obeyed is directly correlated with the alliance commander's reputation. Chapters like the Ultramarines and the Space Wolves following Belial is probably equal parts Belial actually being the most qualified commander on site, and the Codex Astartes saying "seniormost commander runs Theater Command"/Belial winning a swordfight with the ranking Space Wolves champion (respectively)

That said I do like your idea of getting the chapter minibosses involved in the lore at long last; wasn't there a "Techmarine Ultra" for the Ultramarines that bE's writer was supposed to introduce?
  4. I haven't seen reference to a specific Techmarine of ANY Chapter in the docs I have, and it would have been more likely had the Iron Hands beat out the Imperial Fists, but such is life, I guess. The only Ultramarines CONFIRMED in system are Sergeants and their squads; no "Named" Ultra has been seen on planet.

Of the biggest interest to me LSM-wise is the fact that as of Terra Nullus, we KNOW Blackmane is in the system and has said this is an issue the other Chapters should butt directly out of, yet he ISN'T Faction Lead and Belial IS. This is probably due to Miguel's story of us having a list of characters and getting the third option, but I've always had the headcanon that Ragnar sustained a major wound in an assault, Mephiston is a Librarians and is therefore superior to many but NOT in the chain of command, leaving Belial the senior-most Astartes present.

Also doesn't explain why Space Wolves have the option for Blackmane and Morkai's Great Company badges, but that I dismiss to wanting to let us make ourselves look however we want to then running out of money/time/people.
    Vaanes likes this.
  5. Hunter Tarrus TARINunit9 Well-Known Member

Hang on, lemme look up my copy of this stuff again...
    "Techmarine Suprema" according to my archives. And one forum search later, it apparently comes from that Terra Nullius story you mentioned

Also Blackmane is pretty young; Belial would be senior-most even without Blackmane being incapacitated
  6. Arkhona is in Space Wolf space... There's even a Fortress on Arkhona founded by SW...

Don't DAngles have emo music to be listening to? Lol.
  7. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

Space Wolf don't have an Empire. No Space Marine Chapter do, bar the 500 Worlds and even that isn't really considered an Empire. IRC the planet was Conquered by the Wolves during the Great Crusade, which made them make a claim for it when it came to commanding the combined Astartes forces.
    AngelsAbomination17 likes this.
  8. They have a fortress on Arkhona called Wolfhold. It wasn't much pre-Nid wipe and post-Nid wipe it being used as little more than a hunting camp/forward operations base for Space Wolves (ala Wolf Blood). Even then its described as a ruin.
  9. Hunter Tarrus TARINunit9 Well-Known Member

Oh, i musta forgotten that one
  10. Its easy to miss. Its mentioned in Wolf Blood as where the Blood Claw pack lands to meet up with a Dreadnought, and I think in one place on the EC website, but like everything else in life by the time it ends up on page two its forgotten.